• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music playing by itself

I got the same problem with music blasting off itself when I unplug the earpiece.
but recently I figure out if you don't put music in your player playlist it wont happen.

Oh snap I never realised you can clear that data within the music player playlist screen. Forget "Manage Applications", this is easier to get to.

I also found that the random music still happens with mixzing :(

Upvote 0
I'd prefer not to replace my stock .sbf with this... just to fix this issue - there's no other fix?

I'm guessing Telus should put out a update via automatic firmware download update but who knows when that is going to happen... back up your phone first then do it... its not hard... and a unlocked phone is way better then a stock POS lol

Upvote 0
Wonder if anyone has found a fix for this? I just got the Samsung Intercept (previous Blackberry user--5 years) and my music player just starts playing the same song randomly. I cannot turn it off unless I shut down the phone. It's really, really ANNOYING!

Thanks for your help!

~Newbie Android User

Your in a Milestone thread, maybe someone knows but if you goto the thread of your phone those users could help you more most likely...

Upvote 0
For those of you on Telus, you have to call them. All of you and report this.

I just got off a 3rd phone call with them about this (that, and 2 phones later), they say they have never heard of this problem.

It is related to dropping off bluetooth and then your mp3's will start to play. Their phone support (on 2 of 3 calls) is brutal. My Milestone also drops more calls then any phone I have ever had.

The other weird thing is that often says that the number cannot be completed as dialed, even though I am dialing from a memory or call log. I have redialed up to 8 times before it has gone through. How crappy is that????

I am at Telus's 2.1-update1 Build SHOLS_U2_03.10.0 (which is their most current version as I write this).

Repeat ... If you are on Telus, call *611 option 1 option 4 and have the Rep log a call.

If enough people complain, then they will log a call with Motorola.

Upvote 0
More this. I got on the phone with Telus again.

They transferred me to Motorola, who (guess what) has never heard of this problem.

You too can nag Motorola at 800-461-6456.

They wanted me to send in my phone so that they can test it. Should take about 2 weeks.

What a POS. I knew I should have stayed with my Blackberry.

Upvote 0
You can nag or you can flash this and be happy:
Update for FRANCE and TELUS released G.O.T.'s Blog

It's your choice.

Thanks, and I appreciate that someone has done a lot of work in order to release this type of software.

However, I have no idea what is in this software. I don't know if it is secure or if it has keystroke loggers, or other devices that may scour my device for login information, etc. It is possible that this is part of a social engineering ploy to access my personal data. (Please don't take that personally please).

Being that I use something like Lastpass, what every this is might have the power to actually open my Lastpass vault and retrieve all my personal data.

So, yes, I have a choice. Many thanks. I need Telus or Motorola to fix it. Those are the only vendors that I can trust the OS. (even that is a stretch)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones