• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music Plays at random times

Hopefully it's not Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville"..... I admit to not having a lot of time to play with all the "bells and whistles" and enjoy the challenge of a new OS and new machine but this thing sometimes has a mind of it's own.

It does what I need even though I know it can do a lot more.

Larry

Upvote 0
I just had the same problem. It was a song my girlfriend put on my phone..."Keep your hands to yourself" by Georgia Satellites (YouTube - ‪Georgia Satellites -Keep your hands to yourself‬‏). I almost smashed my phone but then I solved the problem (both of them) by deleting the song.
It wasn't tied to any notifications and, oddly enough, when I turned on airplane mode the song stopped playing. This is definitely a bug.

Droid: 0
Awesome Dude: 1 :cool:

Upvote 0
I have an HTC Evo 4G Android phone and really like it, but some problems are causing me to reconsider this OS.

for the past few nights I have the same song start up (at 3:51AM grrrrr). I just was again awakened and tried to figure out what the eff was going on. The strange thing is that the music player was not shown as running. While the song was still playing, I launched the music app and started playing another song, but the original song continued to play at the same time. I then went to my Advanced Task Killer and stopped all running programs, but the song continued to play!

This is obviously a bug in the Android operating system. For me, the same song has played at the same time each morning for the past 3 nights. I have since deleted the entire album that contained the offending song. I hope this resolves the problem, but something tells me that I might be seeing this issue again.

Might be time to start considering an iPhone. As much as I like most the features of the Android, I think it is not as stable or functional as the iPhone. Sadly, I will have to change providers to use the iPhone, but the Android has some really screwed up problems.

Another problem that is prompting me to ditch android is the HORRIBLE calendar and contact synching with my MS entourage software. I have been using Spanning Sync ($40+) but it is very buggy and syncing is anything but automatic at times. Often I must completely wipe the info from my android calendar app to get items to appear on the calendar. There are a couple of identified problems, some are Spanning Sync problems, and other times, the calendar entries appear on the google calendar, but not on my device. The only solution is to clear all data from my device in the settings and sync again.

Google really needs to fix these bugs if they expect people to view this OS as viable. Right now, I give the Android platform an A for potential and a C- for actual performance. This poor ranking is due to bugs that should never exist

Upvote 0
My Lg Optimus Chat from Koodo Canada has started to play and pause music and videos on its own, as well as bring up voice command while it is in my pocket or in my hand. There's nothing in the pocket and restarting the phone did not work, and it was not do this before. It is annoying, especially when I am in class or talking to someone. I am not happy to be caught in class on the last day of school listening to music or watching videos because my phone decided to play on its own.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones