Music Plays Automatically - Please Help (Almost Got Fired Today)Support

Last Updated:

1. RudeandRude

RudeandRude Member This Topic's Starter

Music plays automatically at a couple of instances:

1) Whenever I turn on my car and it connects to bluetooth (not a big problem)

2) Whenever I hang up a call

3) Most of the time if I Ignore an incoming call

I was in a meeting today and answered a phone call. I hang up and BAM, the music starts playing automatically. Of course at this particular time I was listening to Opie and Anthony and the first two words were something I'm not even allowed to say on this forum. I had to defend my damn job after that.

This happens with both the default music player and Audible and has happened with other 3rd party music players, so it's not just an isolated incident with one particular app. Only one app plays at a time, and it seems to be whatever app I used last? I absolutely love the droid platform and my Incredible, but I'm going to have to get rid of this phone if I can't fix this problem.

I see no reason that a music player should start automatically after hanging up a phone call. Can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Try going into manage apps -> running -> And force close the music apps. Other than that, I have no idea and even tried replicating this with bPlayer and Pandora and neither start (or even auto-resume) after a call.

3. RudeandRude

RudeandRude Member This Topic's Starter

I really don't want to have to force close my music program every time I'm done playing music. That should not be necessary. I'm really bummed out about this. It's been happening pretty much since I got the phone, but its never really been an issue until now.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Take the phone back and show VZW what it's doing... get a replacement.

5. heffe2001

heffe2001 Well-Known Member

I've noticed this problem as well. If I'm listening to Sirius in my car on my phone, when I get out I get music playing from the default mp3 player until I go into it, start and stop the music. There should be a way to make it not default to playing music on bluetooth connect/disconnect (I'm sure there probably is, I just haven't found it yet).

6. gurana

gurana Well-Known Member

I've not noticed this problem elsewhere, but it happens when I'm BT connected to the car. Hang up a call, music player starts (I'm using PlayerPro). It's only really a problem though if I'm listening to something else, like pandora or TuneIn Radio. I believe that it also happens if I'm listening to the radio or USB input in my car, though I'm not positive because my stero isn't set to the BT input at that point.

7. smitty0255

smitty0255 Member

bump

I'm having this issue as well. I don't know if anyone ever came up with a fix for it. I don't want my phone to automatically start playing when it connects to bluetooth, but I also don't want to have to go into the options for the connection to turn on media each time I want to use it either.

Any suggestions?

8. billybob275

billybob275 Well-Known Member

I know some apps (PowerAMP in my case) has a setting that if left enabled, will resume playback whenever the headset connection changes state. That caused the app to start playing music after phone calls or whenever I connected/disconnected a wired or BT headset. May want to check those apps' options to see if they have a "resume playback" type of feature.

9. smitty0255

smitty0255 Member

thanks for the quick response. i checked playerpro, and didn't see a similar option. i also turned off the "autoplay" setting on the head unit in my truck, but the music still starts automatically.

10. hgoldner

hgoldner Well-Known Member

I have the same problem on my Dinc regardless of which music program I use. I have Sync with my car, and I am very careful to see that nothing else turns on when I sync Bluetooth. Then, when I turn off the radio (with USB input) or Sirius, I look down at my phone and *both* the HTC music app and the stock Android music app are running much to my chagrin.

I don't see settings anywhere that defeat this. (WinAmp has a setting to autopause when headset is *disconnected*, but: (1) it isn't the misbehaving application and (2) I'm not disconnecting.)

I suspect, but I'm not sure, that it is a problem antecedent to the last OTA update as I don't recall it being a problem after the Froyo update.

11. pitinan@gmail.com

pitinan@gmail.com New Member

I'm pretty sure that it's the android problem. as I have tried using different music player app and all still happen the same. if I use the headset, every time i hand up the call, any audio file in my phone randomly start.

I've been searching for weeks about this and found none of the reply from android developer. If anyone know where should I look for the reply from them, please let me know.

Cheers.

12. SJSLev

SJSLev New Member

This problem has bedeviled me for months. Rooted phone. Did not fix problem. Replaced SIM card. Did not fix problem. I believe force-closing music app and Pandora might be the only remedy and not even sure that works. :(

13. TimSmooth

TimSmooth Member

Use headset block or media button router in Play Store if you are still having the problem.

I have seen this problem everywhere, but no one posted fix. HB fixes it just remeber to toggle it on. MBR is a work around, but same end result.

14. JethroP

JethroP New Member

I own a Ford vehicle equipped with SYNC. I first got my new android back in June, 2012. I easily paired the phone with the vehicle. It worked great until two weeks ago (today is August 31, 2012). Beginning two weeks ago, anytime I entered the vehicle to go somewhere, the bluetooth media stream would just start playing music on the phone. I messed and messed with all kinds of settings in SYNC (turning off automatic playing, switching sources, etc.) and on the phone (kept trying to force the applications to stop). Nothing worked. So, I then deleted the device from SYNC, deleted the pairing from my bluetooth settings on the phone, and re-paired the phone to the car. That seemed to do the trick as the last few times I've entered the car and went somewhere, the media player did not automatically start playing music.

15. Yirg

Yirg New Member

Anyone managed to confirm JethroP solution or find another one? Nothing seems to work for me and it's super annoying...