music plays from phone when headphones plugged inGeneral

Last Updated:

1. pals

pals Member This Topic's Starter

I went to use my Eris as a music player for the first time...I plugged in my headphones, and tested it out by playing a song. The song plays loud and clear through the headphones, but ALSO plays loud and clear through the phone speaker/earpiece. I could not figure out why it would not just play through the headphones. Any suggestions? (I have tried a pair of apple earbuds, as well as basic Sony ones)

Advertisement
  2. spartan141

spartan141 Well-Known Member

Mine plays music when I'm watching a movie with headphones on
    Starting to bug the help out of me.

3. Jlopcpa

Jlopcpa Well-Known Member

This happened to me one time as well. I ended up rebooting the phone (powering off and then powering on) and it seemed to correct it.

4. alpinedaly

alpinedaly New Member

I had this same problem last week but it went away the next day without having to reboot it. Hope it doesn't happen again because it's super annoying!!! I have no new advice...reboot.

5. alpinedaly

alpinedaly New Member

So I think I figured out the problem...at least on my Eris. The speaker has turned on while earphones are plugged in multiple times after opening and using Verizon's Visual Voicemail. I'm pretty sure it's a bug in that app. The only thing that fixes it is rebooting or waiting a while before playing media again. I hate the app anyways. That is not it's only bug. This is in 1.5...hope it's fixed in 2.1.