music plays when I answer my phone!Support

Last Updated:

1. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I take a call and I'm listening to music it stops when ringing but then it starts playing when I'm trying to talk, the only way I can hear is if I hang up and go and kill the mediaplayer i'm using.

I thought it was just mediascape being weird but I switched to mixzing and it still does it! Has anyone else had this?

Advertisement
  2. ECBomb

ECBomb Well-Known Member

Never had this happen, but I guess you should try rebooting your phone (seems obvious I know) and if that still doesn't work, I've come to learn that doing a hard reset usually solves almost all, if not all, the problems I've encountered so far with the X10. Give that a shot and see what happens if nothing else seems to work.

werthers likes this.
  3. werthers

Does hard reset wipe all your apps, contacts etc? And how do I go about doing it?
    I think part of the issue is i'm plugging my headphones straight into the phone not through the mic extender thing

4. werthers

bump anyone?

5. ECBomb

ECBomb Well-Known Member

Sorry but I was out of town and had no internet access for a few days, but a hard reset will wipe out ALL data (contacts, apps, etc.) EXCEPT your Mediascape content (photos, music, video).

To do a hard reset, go settings>SD card & phone storage>Factory data reset.

After that, you will have to sync your contacts with gmail once again (hopefully you have the contacts backed up with gmail) and will need to reinstall any apps and games you previously had and would like to reinstall.

Hope that can solve your issues.

werthers likes this.
  6. ECBomb

ECBomb Well-Known Member

Also, updating your firmware is basically like doing a hard reset. If Android FW 2.1 comes out later for X10 and you would like to update the firmware, the updating process will wipe out all your data as well (not sure about Media content though when updating the firmware).

7. chris_knows

chris_knows Member

Doing a reset wipes everything on the phone memory, but not on the SD Card.

werthers likes this.