Music pops and stops = Bad headphone jack connection?Support

Last Updated:

1. elgrandrazor

elgrandrazor New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello there.
    The only reason I'm starting this thread because I haven't seen this issue on a Milestone thread, and no other threads seem to have an actual 100% solution for this...
    Most of the times I'm walking around with my Milestone, the music pops or the player pauses completely.
    I've tried different options (carrying it around inside my bag and not my pocket, for example), different WORKING headsets (including the Motorola ones) and even different players, but nothing solves the problem completly.

I just want to make sure there are other options beside having to take it to maintenance (it's still under warranty).

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. lizzarian

lizzarian Member

If it's the same issue I've had with mine, where there was a lot of crackling as if there was a loose connection (sometimes the music would pause if it thought the Headphones had been disconn'd), or the female contacts not touching the male input on the headphones properly I solved the issue with a squirt of WD in the 3.5mm hole on the phone.

I did this maybe 2 months ago now and I've not had a problem since - I use it daily for my 3hr commute to work and back. Like you I was ready to return it as the issue had gotten progresively worse - but it's like brand new now.

3. elgrandrazor

elgrandrazor New Member This Topic's Starter

4. lizzarian

lizzarian Member

That would be the very stuff mate.

As for the warranty i have no idea, but i wouldn't think so - your only oiling some contacts after all. Put it this way... it was my last resort before returning the phone and getting a replacement and voiding the warranty didnt even cross my mind.

Give the headphones a good wiggle around after you give the jack a spray. To make sure any joints get the oily goodness.

5. lizzarian

lizzarian Member

That would be the very stuff mate.

As for the warranty i have no idea, but i wouldn't think so - your only oiling some contacts after all. Put it this way... it was my last resort before returning the phone and getting a replacement and voiding the warranty didnt even cross my mind.

Give the headphones a good wiggle around after you give the jack a spray. To make sure any joints get the oily goodness.