Music problem with downloaded filesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I try to play mp3 files that I have downladed directly to my phone the default music player cannot seem to play them when other applications (like Browser) are running. Music simply quits when I switch to another open application. I do not have this problem with music I have manually transferred to the phone, and the only difference that I can identify between them is the location of the files: downloads on the internal sd and others on the external. Is there any reason why the file location should be an issue?

Advertisement
  2. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

i suppose the browser might cache some info about it's downloads (identified by that specific folder) when it's started, causing the files to become unreadable by the music player (just a wild guess)

in any case, isn't the problem easily solved by moving the files to the external sd (or a different directory?) with any file manager?

3. Mr.DNA

Agreed that moving the files should fix it. Unfortunately for some other reason I am unclear on I cannot seem to move the files from the download folder. I have tried using Ghost Commander and OI File Manager, and both report that they are unable to move those files.

4. briany

briany Active Member

You have a computer cable for the phone, right? I would plug the Galaxy in to the computer and mount the SD card. You should then be able to view the files from your computer and move them to a different location.

5. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

if you are moving files dont you need root and busybox installed?

6. Mr.DNA

Ugh, do I? I don't think I am ready to root the phone yet.

7. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

i think so but only if you are using a file manager installed on the phone to move/copy files though
    you dont need root for pc file move obviously