Music Quality from Aux Out when Docked is Bad.. WHY???Support

1. Kane860

Kane860 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I have a Galaxy S4 and I like to use dock accessories, I have several of them. They all have an aux output so that I can connect a speaker or audio interface. So when I dock my phone, set my accessory settings to play sound through an external speaker, I notice that the quality of the music is very different.. there is absolutely NO BASS and the music sounds completely empty. Does anyone know why and how I can fix this? When I connect headphones to the headphone jack, it sounds just fine.. but when I connect headphones to the aux output jack on the dock, the sound has absolutely NO BASS and its frustrating the hell out of me. Someone help meeeee! Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Aux out is probably flat (since there's no particular device it's being tailored to). That's how it should be. If you want to add a DSP to it, add one.
  3. Kane860

Kane860 Well-Known Member

Its worse than flat.. I am an audio engineer and it literally sounds like there is a bass cut on from everything 80hz and below.
  4. Money_Mark

Money_Mark Well-Known Member

Not sure which music app you are using, but try and look in the settings to see if their is an EQ option within the app. I had the same problems before until I adjusted the EQ. Not sure why it sounds ok with headphones and not ok when connected to a aux dock accesory, since they are using the same headphone port.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

So it's just the aux output that sounds like tinny and has no bass, no matter what you plug in, while the headphones jack is ok? Could be faulty. Normally an aux jack should have better SQ than the headphones jack, because it's not going through whatever crappy little amp is in the phone.