• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music randomly pauses and cloudagent problems

galshahaf

Lurker
Nov 3, 2012
Hey, first of all, I looked over the other posted about my problem, but none of them seems to work, so maybe there's anything new about that.
anyway, I got my note 2 about a week ago, everything works great but two things,
the first one, is that my music just randomly pauses every not and then, it's not every 30 secs or every few songs, it just.. happens from time to time for no reason that I can spot..
I've turned off all the gestures and tried other music players(winamp and the stack's one).
about the other problem i couldn't find anything useful, when i browse through my pictures in the gallery, of the movies in the the device stop response for few secs and then I get - cloudagent has stopped. and the device go back to work. up until now, i figure it have something to do with dropbox cloud, because after i have disabled the cloudagent serves, the problem stop, but I can't reach my photos and videos on dropbox so it seems to be connected some how.
if it matters, my device is rooted, and i'm using andorid revolution HD rom, but the problems happened on the unrooted device as well
tnx ahead!

Hey, first of all, I looked over the other posted about my problem, but none of them seems to work, so maybe there's anything new about that.
anyway, I got my note 2 about a week ago, everything works great but two things,
the first one, is that my music just randomly pauses every not and then, it's not every 30 secs or every few songs, it just.. happens from time to time for no reason that I can spot..
I've turned off all the gestures and tried other music players(winamp and the stack's one).
about the other problem i couldn't find anything useful, when i browse through my pictures in the gallery, of the movies in the the device stop response for few secs and then I get - cloudagent has stopped. and the device go back to work. up until now, i figure it have something to do with dropbox cloud, because after i have disabled the cloudagent serves, the problem stop, but I can't reach my photos and videos on dropbox so it seems to be connected some how.
if it matters, my device is rooted, and i'm using andorid revolution HD rom, but the problems happened on the unrooted device as well
tnx ahead!

So are you saying your music stops, and it may be a network issue?

When I was first reading your post, I was thinking maybe you have an earphone with loose/damaged connectors. So your phone thinks you unplugged your earphones for a split second, so your music stops.

This used to happen to me while running at the gym. It doesn't happen anymore because you can't run with the Note 2 in your gym shorts. :)

Upvote 0
I have the Samsung galaxy note 2 too. Had it exchanged for two reasons. 1. The video player and music player self pauses. And 2. The wifi disconnects itself. I noticed these problems coincide with each other so I turned off wifi. The pausing in video player and music player persisted. The replacement device, brand new from phones 4 u has the same exact problem. Very very very annoying. I think its a restriction to not allow you to watch your own videos for too long or listen to your own music for too long. Please tell me someone has a remedy for this :( not rooted btw. Only with go launcher running along with orginal Samsung software.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, I have had my note 2 for well over a year and it's been a great phone, today I had it my pocket with the music going, I was using music stored on my SD card,
It usually runs without a hitch,
at times I have it in desk clock mode and leave it playing music of my SD card and it runs all night without a hitch using the devices own music player.

Today while mowing the lawn I found it cutting out every few minutes.
Later I came back inside the house and it played the music flawlessly. ............ i mentioned this to young brother who is an electronics dude, his immediate response was it may be that the phone software is causing the phone to check for an Internet connection every time the wireless gets out of range and is turning the music player off.

I have not been out side to check it but I suspect he may be on the money, my thinking is this might also be the case i f its happening while streaming music, as I have
Seen a few people mention this on other Android phones as well.
Anyway that's it, i just thought I would mention it and perhaps it might be a clue to solve someone's problem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones