music selector replaced my lock screen wallpaper?

Last Updated:

1. The-Hanz

The-Hanz Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys,

For some reason, over night, my lock wallpaper has changed from the picture I had to the music control selector.
    I have tried to change this back but it will not allow me to.
    Has anyone got any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

What exactly does "it will not allow me to" mean? Have you looked at the SDcard to see if the actual image files are all there and OK?

3. CitizenErazed

CitizenErazed Well-Known Member

If you've been using the app to play music and locked the screen, it does that. It's so you can access the music without unlocking the screen.

Have you restarted the phone? Tried killing the music app?

4. The-Hanz

The-Hanz Member This Topic's Starter

It will not allow me to change the lock screen back to the picture I had before.

It allows me to go through the selection and select the photo I want but it still remains as the music player.

I have killed the music player app and it still shows the last song as the lock screen.

I've reset the phone completely now and that has cured it.

5. itandy

itandy Well-Known Member

I had similar problem before and finally I figured that if you kill the music process while having the lock screen wallpaper showed the music selector control, then the lock screen with music selector control will stay there even if you stop playing music.

I believe it's due to a broken link between the lock screen and the music process. Even if you launch another music process (it will be using another process ID), the lock screen is unable to communicate with that. So rebooting the phone is the only solution.