Music skipping on playback (G2 Touch)

Last Updated:

1. lemonjaffacake

lemonjaffacake New Member

Hello all!

I have had my G2 Touch for nearly a month now and I am noticing that when listening to music in the music player there is a lot of skipping and stuttering. It seems to be worse with particular tracks. I also listen to spotify offline playlists which seem to be OK. Initially, I noticed the problem was worse when I had scrobbling turned on...but now that and all data hungry apps are off (that I can think of) and still the bad playback. I am wondering if it is specific to my phone - in which case I am probably still able to get T-mobile to exchange it - or if others have this problem too.

Many thanks in advance,

2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Are you streaming th emusic off your SD card? It could be a probglem with that, do you know what class it is? Also, do you have another card that you could try?
  3. jsp_1983

jsp_1983 Well-Known Member

I, too, have noticed this annoyance.

I also put it down to scrobbling (couldn't find a way to stop it from doing it, either). Sometimes it skips, sometimes it doesn't.

I wouldn't have put it down to my SD card, though, which is class 4 -more than capable of reading MP3s with low compression rates.
  4. Cropstar

Cropstar Member

I have the same problem, regular stuttering at the start of tracks. Think it could be any number of things atm:

- Still running 1.5 as get an error when trying to install the PC software and can't update my G2 touch to 1.6
    - Use a Class 2 16gb card
    - Use AAC+ for all my music (more processor intensive than mp3 I presume as half the size)
    - Regularly web browsing whilst using the music player
    - Listen via bluetooth headphones
    - Have a lot of music on my phone, currently 280 or so albums and growing.