Music skipping using aux input in car

Last Updated:

1. dingosatemybaby

dingosatemybaby Member This Topic's Starter

I am having a significant issue using the Evo in my car for music. As soon as I hit play, it starts skipping through songs... playing 1-2 seconds and then skipping to the next. I have not had this issue using earbuds- just the 3.5mm cable into my car's aux input. Searching, I found a similar issue with the HTC Incredible on the HTC support forum. Anyone else having this issue?

Advertisement
  2. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

nope.. it played great for me using the aux port... I used BTunes though to do it.. have you tried that? :)

3. greenail

greenail New Member

I have the same issue, mine is a min cooper s 2003

4. dingosatemybaby

dingosatemybaby Member This Topic's Starter

5. phillies1again

phillies1again Active Member

My issue somewhat similar. Midway through a song it will just start fast forwarding or rewinding randomly .

6. Kam

Kam Active Member

(Cross posting my solution from another thread)

The EVO 4G seems to have trouble with non-TRRS plugs. I've had all kinds of problems with a standard 3.5mm TRS plug going into the aux of my car stereo. Songs skipping, pausing, voice dialing activated randomly, headphone icon switching from TTRS to TRS intermittently, etc. These usually seem to be caused by jiggling of the plug and/or cable.

I searched all over the web and it seems to be a common problem. Headphone blocker doesn't totally fix it. I've seen folks suggesting trying gold plugs, shielded cables, and various other kinds of voodoo.

IMO the problem is due to a cheap-ass headphone jack in the phone itself.

WARNING!!! DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------

I opened up the phone, removed the tape from the top of the headphone jack and bent the pin on the copper lead that's over the top of the jack more towards the bottom (Away from the S ring and towards the R ring). I've had no problems since.

Your mileage may vary.