Music skippingSupport

Last Updated:

1. HoldenCaufield

HoldenCaufield Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, wondering if you can help me with something weird: my music just started skipping, or hanging up, especially at the beginning of a track.

I think it might have something to do with scrobbleing. I just signed up for Last.fm, and discovered that I could scrobble the tracks I play from my other music players, which I think is a pretty great feature.

I have several music players: Tunewiki, MixZing, 3, and Zimly. (I'm trying to figure out which one I like best to stick with.) I downloaded ScrobbleDroid for the players that don't support scrobbleing natively.

Now, I don't know if the scrobble feature has anything to do with my music hang ups, but this is the only thing I've changed relating to music.

Anyone know if there is issues with scrobbleing, if it's fixable, or if I should just disable it?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Well, the easy way to find out if lastfm is causing the problem: Remove lastfm and see if it still happens.

Also, it looks like you have a lot of media players on the phone at once. I wouldnt put them all on at once. I would try them one by one.

HoldenCaufield likes this.
  3. HoldenCaufield

HoldenCaufield Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, thanks. I was hoping there was a fix I could try before removing lastfm, since, for some reason, I really like it. I'll give it a try.
    And, prob a good call on having multiple music players on the phone at once. I was playing with some of them yesterday, and they all left processes running, and drained my batt a little faster than normal, I think.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Just remove it, you can re-download it anytime, it takes like 10 seconds.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Not that its related but if I leave wifi on when I am not connected to wifi my music skips...regardless of app chosen to play music. I would agree that the multiplayers may be interfering with each other.

6. edwelly

edwelly Well-Known Member

Mine does the same things since Froyo. Happens on Grooveshark and Pandora as well :(