Music / Slingplayer through Bluetooth?

Last Updated:

1. hook3m

hook3m Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have my Bluetooth headset setup and it's working great for calls but is there a way to listen to music or Slingplayer through it?

Advertisement
  2. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Make sure it's setup for media through Bluetooth settings. Just long press the headset and a settings menu will pop up.

hook3m likes this.
  3. jay2thab

jay2thab Active Member

You have to make sure that your headset is capable off the desired function...i think its call a2dp or something but basically I bought a pair of rocket fish bt head phones because my bt headset wasn't capable of that stereo function...the news ones work great..i use em at the gym and my evo stays safe..i can skip tracks on the earphones and answer calls

hook3m likes this.
  4. joelkirzner

joelkirzner Active Member

Above poster is correct about the A2DP profile for the bluetooth.

I would caution you about streaming slingplayer and using bluetooth audio. I've experienced significant lip sync issues when using bluetooth audio and the slingplayer. The reason being is that the current bluetooth spec just isn't that fast and it can't keep up with the video from the phone. You wouldn't notice that by just playing music, but with video, it's nearly impossible to watch.

Google "bluetooth video lip sync" and you will see what I'm talking about.

hook3m likes this.
  5. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

When I had my winMO phones, I used a cab that allowed a2dp to work on mono bluetooth headsets. I've been searching for an app that does that, but have yet to find one.

dr g and hook3m like this.
  6. hook3m

hook3m Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just bought the Plantronics Voyager Pro and no A2DP.... So much for Pro... Thanks everyone!

7. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

Same here. You'd think someone would figure something out. BTW I don't think it had anything to do with a2dp, it just opened the bluetooth connection to the headset.