music streaming app?

1. nateo200

nateo200 Well-Known Member

Can anyone offer me a good music streaming app? Don't say panadora tried it and just get pissed everytime because I can never find a song I want and it always plays random shit I don't want.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Have you tried Pandora...?

LOL...just kidding.

I personally like imeem for streaming, but I like to just download music to my sd using i music tao.
  3. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

StreamFurious?

I love my local (Boise State Radio) NPR news. Pandora won't recognize the stream, and neither will the stock music player app.

StreamFurious opened and played the stream the first time I clicked on it. :D
    Available at android market...

Enjoy!
  4. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any good apps that let you stream your own music from your home computer as Simplify Media did for the iphone? Ultimately I would like to set up something other than FTP for consistent use.
  5. LuckyAndroid

LuckyAndroid Member

I've come accross Subsonic, Orb Live ($), Mecanto ($), and Gmote so far. Only tried Subsonic, and could not get it to work yet. I am going to see if Gmote is any easier, or else I might spend some time tweaking Subsonic to get it functioning.
  6. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

I've used orb live and it is a total waste of $10. It is very obviously an iphone port and its functionality is terrible.
  7. gk_jam

gk_jam New Member

Rhapsody has a great music streaming app if you are interested in selecting actual songs instead of the radio-style features of Pandora.
  8. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

You have 2 choices, radio station or just play some mp3s. You don't get to pick everything on a radio station.

That being said, try slacker. It has more options to control what gets played than pandora.
  9. SBrooks1

SBrooks1 Well-Known Member