• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music Stutter?

jwm2

Android Expert
Mar 30, 2010
Sterling, IL
I was playing some music today while doing some yardwork and i noticed it was stuttering at the beginning of just about every track it played. I listened to about 12-14 songs and it stuttered in the beginning on about 8 of them, somtimes it would also stutter a few seconds after that but would be fine after that until it went to the next song. Anyone else have this issue? I've got all the apps closed with advanced task manager, so nothing is running and eating up the processor or memory. Any ideas what would cause this or a remedy for it? Any help is appreciated.

Well it seems when i use tunewiki or any other decent music player i don't have the stuttering problem at least when playing it on the built in speaker. I went back and tried the default player and it doesn't have the problem either. So that makes me wonder if its only when using headphones that this problem occurs. I'll try it out later today with headphones and both music players, hopefully the problem goes away or is fixed with the 2.1 update, but i'm waiting for the OTA update.

Upvote 0
Rooted Droid Incredible with stock 2.2 ROM. All music player applications skip/stutter regardless of output (3.5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth or internal speaker), including stock player, and Winamp. The song plays but pauses momentarily/briefly while playing song. Occurs on appx.75% of songs. Problem existed with 8gb class 2 card as well as my brand new 32gb class 4 card. Not running any intensive applications. Very annoying to have almost every song stutter multiple times per song. Love my DINC for everything except music, might just have to blow the dust off of my iPod for music playback, dang it...

Upvote 0
Rooted Droid Incredible with stock 2.2 ROM. All music player applications skip/stutter regardless of output (3.5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth or internal speaker), including stock player, and Winamp. The song plays but pauses momentarily/briefly while playing song. Occurs on appx.75% of songs. Problem existed with 8gb class 2 card as well as my brand new 32gb class 4 card. Not running any intensive applications. Very annoying to have almost every song stutter multiple times per song. Love my DINC for everything except music, might just have to blow the dust off of my iPod for music playback, dang it...

Updating my radio firmware fixed my issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones