Music Stutter?Support

Last Updated:

1. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was playing some music today while doing some yardwork and i noticed it was stuttering at the beginning of just about every track it played. I listened to about 12-14 songs and it stuttered in the beginning on about 8 of them, somtimes it would also stutter a few seconds after that but would be fine after that until it went to the next song. Anyone else have this issue? I've got all the apps closed with advanced task manager, so nothing is running and eating up the processor or memory. Any ideas what would cause this or a remedy for it? Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. razorclose

razorclose Well-Known Member

I have the same problem 98% of the time. I have no idea thought what the cause is :confused:

3. manwich

manwich New Member

It could be an issue with the amount of music on your memory card as well as, from what I have heard, they are not the fastest class available. Could always try a different music player as well.

4. jwm2

Well i only have 140 songs on there, so i don't think its the amount of music thats the issue. It might be that the card is a tad slow, might try another card to be sure.

5. mrichick

mrichick Well-Known Member

I read on some other threads that cable/headset quality was causing problems like yours.

Personally, I stopped using the stock music player and haven't had anymore skipping or stuttering issues. The market has a decent number of music player replacements

6. jwm2

Which one do you suggest? I'm guessing its the player also, but i can't seem to find a good replacement.

7. mrichick

mrichick Well-Known Member

I've tried a bunch based on stuff other folks here recommended. Right now I'm trying out meridian and rock on. I saw someone mention one that had an equalizer too, but I forgot what it was before I could try it out.

8. bowerman

bowerman Guest

this is a pretty well known problem with the eris. It blew me away that it can't even be a decent music player. I haven't found any solution yet....

9. jwm2

Well it seems when i use tunewiki or any other decent music player i don't have the stuttering problem at least when playing it on the built in speaker. I went back and tried the default player and it doesn't have the problem either. So that makes me wonder if its only when using headphones that this problem occurs. I'll try it out later today with headphones and both music players, hopefully the problem goes away or is fixed with the 2.1 update, but i'm waiting for the OTA update.

10. natelan

natelan Member

Rooted Droid Incredible with stock 2.2 ROM. All music player applications skip/stutter regardless of output (3.5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth or internal speaker), including stock player, and Winamp. The song plays but pauses momentarily/briefly while playing song. Occurs on appx.75% of songs. Problem existed with 8gb class 2 card as well as my brand new 32gb class 4 card. Not running any intensive applications. Very annoying to have almost every song stutter multiple times per song. Love my DINC for everything except music, might just have to blow the dust off of my iPod for music playback, dang it...

11. LateEntry

LateEntry New Member

Try this:
    1. First disable fast boot and then boot into recovery mode. (Press power on+vol.down)
    2. Run Image CRC and then Fastboot..

That worked for me..It stutters no more.. (Just hope it lasts)
    Go figure..

HTC Desire S

12. natelan

natelan Member

Updating my radio firmware fixed my issue.