• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music suddenly stopping

Hi everyone long time lurker here, lots of useful info I've used recently and in the past.

I've noticed that when playing music (standard music player) sometimes when moving the phone without locking it pauses the music. seems like some sort of motion control or maybe the sensors at the top meant for calls has an effect on music.

Anyone else experience this or know how to turn it off? Thanks

Does anyone else find that if they turn their S2 over whilst music is playing in the stock Music app, the music stops playing. I.e. Start playing a tune with the screen facing towards the sky and then turn the phone over facing the ground. Kind of like the HTC Sense feature for silencing your phone.

This can also happen if the phone is in your pocket and the angle of the phone changes too much whilst your walking.

Crazy!

Upvote 0
I'm having this problem too... it pauses without me touching the phone. It's intermittent - sometimes plays for hours, sometimes pauses two or three times during one album.

I've had a replacement phone, didn't put any apps on it, and it still happened. I've tried other music players (currently UberMusic), still happens.

I've reported this to Samsung, no reply yet. I suggest calling them too - the more reports the more likely they can / have to fix it. It's 0845 SAMSUNG in the UK.

Edit: just looked at a post I made when I got that replacement phone, and actually I did put some apps on before testing again... I presumed they were harmless.. but perhaps there was a dodgy one...

Upvote 0
Im having exactly the same problem mate. The music player just keeps pausing itself at random times and used in different context's i.e. in my pocket, walking down the street or just flat and motionless on my desk when not being moved at all. This kind of rules out the motion sensors causing the pausing. Its getting really annoying, did you manage to solve this problem?

I installed the WinAmp app as I thought it may be a problem with the bundled music player but exactly the same thing happens with Winamp. F'ing annoying!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones