• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music syncing imporperly from google play to phone

I think this is the right place???

As a recent converter to the android concept I cannot say I'm unhappy. But lately I have been having trouble properly syncing music to my phone. Until recently my tunes have rested on my mac in the 'itunes'. With my sweet nexus s, I discovered google play. The idea of putting my stuff somewhere else and using it whenever I want seems like a great idea. Unfortunately, my music lists do not identically match between my phone and google play account (even after deleting and 'making 'all' music available offline').

Essentially, the problem lies with my phone's music. Some lists (so far as I have seen only the artists) make no sense. For instance, when I tap 'Blink-182' it drops down the only correct option which is 'Greatest Hits'. So I click on it, and along with the correct Blink-182 songs, there lies an entirely other album from a different band (Alabama in this case). And here comes the worst part. The incorrect music is not only there, but its virtually every other song.

You could imagine my frustration when I was having a nice run expecting some awesome Travis Barker and getting an unfortunate change of pace.

Also, I should say that there are other variations of this problem that really blow my mind. Its the same as the Blink-182 fiasco but . . . 'weird-er'. Songs in the same situation but different artist have a four letter title followed by .mp3. I know this has something to do with the way they are named by the computer but that is it.

In my frustration to find a solution to this problem I have resorted to this forum. . . For this I host the username HulkSmashPhone.
:cool:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones