Music widget seem doesn't seem to work?Support

Last Updated:

1. JayJayW

JayJayW Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On the whole I'm very please with my Desire; it does most things very well indeed.

However I've tried transferring some music from my PC with less than satisfactory results;

First time I used the sync feature in Window Media Player - just as I do with my Sony Walkman mp3 player, which works faultlessly - I tried syncing one album; the tracks appeared but with no artwork and no artist name.

So I tried drag n drop. Artwork appeared this time but still no artist name.

So I looking at the way the music folder in my pc is arranged (folder with artist name with albums inside it), I made a folder within music on my Desire (using my pc explorer) and moved the album into it; result same as before. Except the album appeared twice.

So I tried dragging and dropping the artist folder with all its albums into music on the Desire; Again, no artist name. Also, I then noticed the tracks in each album were arranged alphabetically rather in the correct order. WTF?

I can't believe that the HTC music Widget is so terrible - so what am I doing wrong? Or is it really this terrible?

Advertisement
  2. garryknight

garryknight Well-Known Member

Most music players rely on there being proper ID3 tags in the MP3 files. This is usually how they know which track is on which album, and who the artist is. I spent an afternoon making sure that all of my MP3s had proper artist and album tags, plus embedded cover artwork. I then organised them, one album per directory on my PC, then just dragged them onto the SD card in a directory called 'Music'. From then on, the player has always known what to do with them.

I used EasyTag on Linux, but I'm sure that there are Windows equivalents, if that's what you use.

3. JayJayW

JayJayW Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Excuse me if I'm being a bit fick, but if the tracks aren't already tagged, how come all the info is correct on my mp3 player? And how are the track names and album artwork appearing on my phone?

I keep reading how terrible iTunes is, and how much Android is so much easier, and better to use. Surely I should just be able to transfer music onto my Desire and it just works?

Has no-one else had any problems with putting music on their Desire?