Music Widget?

1. kafziel

kafziel Member

So, the Youtube widget does that thing where it lets you flip through youtubes, which is quite nice. The Books widget does the same thing - flip through your Books, pick one from the cover, also nice. Heck, even the Market widget lets you flip through things for some reason.

But the Music widget on the Xoom doesn't do that. And hey, that kinda sucks. Is there a good widget for doing that out there, to flip amongst my albums and just start one playing with a tap?

Advertisement
    :
  2. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

I agree. I was disappointed when I put the music widget on the xoom - I was like - "that it"?

Another disappointment was I paid for the Beautiful Widget app - what a waste. I would not bother with this. Its not even worth it for free.
  3. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Have you seen the music widget for the Liquid Metal ROM for Dinc? It's amazing. I'm using that ROM now. I know it's an Acer Rom but is it possible to pull it and use it? I'm sure the answer is no since it's an AOSP build. Why can't anyone do something like that for our Xoom?

[​IMG]
  4. kafziel

kafziel Member

Wow, yeah, that widget looks absolutely perfect. Does it tie in to the built-in music player, or is it part of a separate music player?
  5. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Yes it ties into the music player perfectly.
  6. fltblkvic

fltblkvic Well-Known Member

You know and it's funny cause on the commercial, the one where he snaps the laptop, there's a full screen music widget that he flips through and I spent quite a bit of time looking around for it and it doesn't exist, or at least not in the really real world. Man I wish I lived in the world where commercials happen, then we would have a sick widget! Though, and this is funny, I just went to look up the video and it's been replaced by one that doesn't show that anymore. Hmmmmm, something smells fishy....?
  7. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member

There has been talk about a new market leak and potential for Google's upcoming new music service along with a few other updated apps that I can't remember.

Maybe they'll be ussured in by a new music app and widget. :D

Wishful thinking anyone?
  8. jeff327

jeff327 Well-Known Member

That is not a widget in the commercial. That is when you are within the music app and you set the top left corner setting to recent or new music.

I am in agreement though. There should be a better widget and an option for a full screen widget as well.