music won't play

Last Updated:

1. mted558

mted558 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just transferred a couple songs from my computer to my EVO and they're not showing up. Just did a couple to see if it would work and it didn't.There's 5 songs that were preloaded, they're in the music folder. I cut and pasted the 2 songs I wanted to transfer, put them in the music folder and they're no where to be found. Can't figure out what's wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

This may be a stupid question, but did you "eject" your phone from the computer and change back to "charge only" from "mount as disk drive"? Can you access other things stored on the sd card like pictures, ringtones? Did you try a battery pull? What format are the songs?

3. mted558

the songs are MP3 format. I transferred pictures fine. I couldn't find the ring tone folder. That's where I wanted to put these 2 songs but I put them in the music folder.

4. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

So to clarify, you can play the 2 songs in the music player but can't select them as ringtones? There is no ringtone folder by default, you have to create one. Mount your phone on the computer, create a folder called "media", within media, create a folder called "audio", within audio, create three folders, on called "ringtones", one called "notifications", and one called "alarms". Put your respective sounds in these folders and everything should work out fine. Just remember to eject your phone, etc. before you try to set your ringtone. When it's mounted to your computer you can't access the contents from the phone.

__

Hit the Thanks button if I've helped you. :)

mted558 likes this.
  5. mted558

i deleted the songs that were preinstalled and put my songs in the download folder and now they're working. so i don't know which of those made it work but it works. I'm going to try to put some more music in the music file and see what happens.