Must Have Android Apps

1. linuxwarrior

linuxwarrior Member

Well I am the developer so, I am going to tell you it is great. :)

Let me just tell you the pro's of Silence When Docked over Tasker:
    - NO service process running all the time --> No performance or battery impact.
    - Very small app only 17K, specific, non intrusive and not expensive.
    - Can be used with any desk dock or no dock at all.
    RickMG likes this.
  2. tamaramarrero

tamaramarrero Well-Known Member

Looking for a GPS app any idea guys?
  3. GhostFlame

GhostFlame Well-Known Member

4. Dezden

Dezden Member

You have me curious, so I went to download this app... but it is not in the market.... info anyone?
  5. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

It's in closed beta testing and hasn't gone to the market yet (it's been in beta for around a year now :confused:), and as far as I know there are no leaked versions of the current beta. However, he's right. It is a MUST for the Evo.
  6. lite blue

lite blue Well-Known Member

7. TBon350

TBon350 Well-Known Member

GPS Test? But yeah, you should be a bit more specific about what you want to use the GPS for. There's all kinds of apps that use GPS already installed and/or available.
  8. diwrom

diwrom Member

Appbrain will store all of your apps online. This way when you reset or get a new phone you can get them quickly. Usually the Market will only show you the ones you have paid for after a reset. When you download appbrain, you have the option of downloading all of your previous apps..and all at once. You have to be sure to back up appbrain after installing new apps. I do not use it's market, just the feature to save my apps.
  9. camdz

camdz Well-Known Member

How many "scans" do you get with the free version? Is it a number that resets at a certain time, or do you just run out and are forced to buy the license?
  10. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Just a note, it's been my experience that if you go into the market right after you do a reset all of your apps are still listed for a short time. I always just fire up the wifi and hit the market right away and get it all back.
  11. AlwayzRight

AlwayzRight Well-Known Member

Gtunes...HANDS DOWN the best free app in the market. Dload free Mp3s right to your phone. Guys this is seriously a MUST HAVE.
  12. lite blue

lite blue Well-Known Member

just added pulse very nice interface, cool app
  13. That sounds exceptionally legal and ethical as well!
  14. aeiou

aeiou Well-Known Member

There are plenty of these types of apps on the market, so the concept must not be illegal or else google wouldnt allow it.
  15. chocmatic

chocmatic Well-Known Member

16. They operate under the guise that they are meant to allow the free downloading of mp3s that are not copyrighted. I would be willing to bet that there is a disclaimer somewhere in the app that says something to that effect. Even so, take the legality of it out, if you wish. It is still dishonest, fraudulent, and unethical. A form of stealing that no one seems to mind.
  17. gcobb

gcobb Well-Known Member

Tasker
    Vlingo
    ScoreMobile
    Facebook
    Android System Info
    NetCounter
    SendPosition
    Skyfire
    Opera
    Doubletwist
    Pandora
    Tubemate
    Photoshop
    AT&T Code Scanner
    Barcode Scanner
    GPS Status
    GPS Test
    Home Switcher
    LauncherPro
    Rawphone
    ES File Explorer
    Google Voice
    Dropbox
    Speedtest
    Videocam Free

I think that's it.

Did I mention Tasker? :) That and Vlingo have to be 2 of my favorites.

Edit: I just looked at Super Power. I can do most of what it can with Tasker. :)
  18. cokeman2

cokeman2 New Member

been trying to find a simple video editor that i can use on the phone(galaxy s) , eg put music on the background of clips and join them together etc ?
  19. aeiou

aeiou Well-Known Member

You're not alone......
  20. jerrardm

jerrardm New Member

Is there an app to change the color of the Android Logo that shows up when callers call?
  21. Rylando

Rylando Active Member

Every night!
  22. MegaBland

MegaBland Member

Dropbox...a must have. A good look for anyone who has to send off files away from your workstation computer.
  23. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I'll have to check this out for sure. Thanks dude!
  24. DannyDefinit

DannyDefinit Member

With the updated WinAmp (now with lock screen controls & Shoutcast radio integration), and the official Google Reader app, it's been a very good week for me when it comes to free and highly useful apps on my EVO.