• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Must Have Android Apps

O.K, I'll play...

• I like "Where's my Droid" for when I can't find the damn thing....
  • "Mobile Defense" allows you to remotely lock it and delete everything in case it gets stolen.
  • "Metal Detector" cause it pisses off my buddy with his "Crapple"
  • "Wifi Analyzer". Very cool
  • "mp3Tunes" Allows me to upload my music to the cloud to stream it anytime.

Upvote 0
things i haven't seen mentioned which i've found to be amazing...
c:geo ~ geocaching for Android - Android app on AppBrain
Touiteur (Twitter) - Android app on AppBrain - best twitter app hands down. pro version comes with widget
SilentMode OnOff - Android app on AppBrain ring/vibrate/silent. best widget i've seen yet because it includes all 3. onoff has other widgets, too.

oh and this one
http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.vesperaNovus.app.StartupAuditorFree kills stuff you want on reboot. very very useful for gtalk and sprint services, i've found.

Upvote 0
-Tabbed Out

For anyone in the TX area (Austin, Dallas, Houston) there is an app called Tabbed Out. You open a bar tab with your phone, and then you can pay out with your phone without having to go to the bar again. Works in restaurants that participate too!

It's growing every day and is the most awesome app I've ever seen. Brilliant.

Reactions: DroidDrew
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones