Must Have Android Apps

Last Updated: 2011-07-10 19:01:33
  1. rjones383

rjones383 Active Member

How do you link your fring account with skype?

Advertisement
  2. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member

This was a great idea to find cool apps !! I love Launcher pro plus and with Beautiful Widgets, Bump,Navionics rocks for anyone that goes out on the water, DolphinHD,
  3. Will84750

Will84750 Member

If you ever wanted to have a secret phonebook because you had a jealous boyfriend or girlfriend this is the app to have. It doesn't allow him or her to read your text to a specfic person.When your a person from your secret phonebook calls you it even erases it from your phone history. It has given me my life back!!!!!!!!
    Thebeast00777 likes this.
  4. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Well-Known Member

For iTunes, the guy who said TuneSync is right on. You have to make sure you get it configured correctly, and filling your phone can be a bit slow, but it's really slick once you get it running. Automatic syncing over WiFi!

iCal can easily be synced directly with Google Calendar, which will then sync to your phone automatically. I don't remember off the top of my head how to do it, but it didn't take long to figure out...just google something like "iCal Google Calendar sync" and it should be pretty easy to work it out.

Not sure about iPhoto, sorry...
  5. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Well-Known Member

What's the best sports app? I loved Sportacular on the iPhone before Yahoo took it over.

My only issue with ESPN Score Center is that it doesn't show standings/stats/tables of every league.
  6. towney

towney Member

How can you tell? Is there a place to see this.
  7. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member

I havent seen 1 mention of - GROOVESHARK ! I used alot of music streaming apps, Pandora, Slacker etc ... Dosent even come close. I like being able to restart a song, or go back to the song before last, or hell, see the upcoming SONGS when you enable the "radio". From what I can tell, if you pick 1 song, hit "Radio" it plays similar songs, same as Pandora. HOWEVER you can tag songs for download to offline play. Which means you have all your favorite songs, no stuttering, no worry if you have signal on a long road trip. You can search for an entire album, and download every song on it with 1 click. Or search other peoples playlists, and download songs individually or as a whole! I personally like to hit - Offline songs > play all > shuffle. Also keeps/displays album art etc too, you can turn the phone landscape and scroll through all the upcoming songs. Did I mention you can restart songs and/or go BACK to songs unlike Pandora? :p If theres any other music player out there, that does all this, with the option to stream music and/or download LET ME KNOW! PLZ! Thanks!
    Gary Friderichsohn likes this.
  8. BigAinCA

BigAinCA Active Member

go to MENU/SETTINGS/APPLICATIONS/MANAGE APPLICATIONS/ and it Abode Flash Player 10.1 should be listed there and if you click on it on the top it will tell ya what version you currently have which I believe is 10.1.92.10
    towney and dbastl like this.
  9. dakar92

dakar92 New Member

Live Scores. It's really the same as Sportacular and it's free.
  10. salpiche

salpiche Well-Known Member

Maybe not must have, but here is what I have on mine, one that I recommend is JuiceDefender even if you are not rooted, I have seen a 26% more battery life on a non rooted EVO, and nearly 45% on my rooted EVO running 2.2.

- UltimateJuice! (alternative)
    - JuiceDefender - battery saver
    - SpeedView
    - Justin.tv Broadcaster
    - Epic Fails
    - Photography Trainer
    - LauncherPro
    - AppBrain App Market
    - Google Maps
    - jetVD - YouTubeAid
    - Google Voice
    - BatteryHistory
    - Spare Parts
    - Extended Controls
    - Photo Tools
    - Fps2D
    - Vignette
    - App 2 SD (move apps to SD)
    - Angry Birds Lite Beta
    - ROM Manager (Premium)
    - Retro Camera Plus
    - Beautiful Widgets
    - Picasa Tool Pro
    - Titanium Backup ★ root
    - Qik for HTC EVO 4G
    - fring - free video calls, IM
    - SystemPanel App / Task Manager
    - SD Card Speed Tester
    - Android Central Widget
    - HomePipe Free
    - PrinterShare
    knightprincess13 likes this.
  11. towney

towney Member

My version is 10.1.72.7 is there an update for this?
  12. Never!?

Never!? Well-Known Member

Wow you seem like a shady character or you need to get rid of your spouse. That kind of untrust usnt healthy.
  13. Will84750

Will84750 Member

I'm not married I'm a bachelor and that's what happens when you are on the dating scene.
    mcbtrain929 likes this.
  14. Sportstap

I use Score Center some, but primarily Sportstap. It is pretty good and free with ad support.
  15. BigAinCA

BigAinCA Active Member

yep ... just do a search on the android market for flash player and you will find it easily.
  16. lite blue

lite blue Well-Known Member

did you get angry birds lite beta to work on evo? when i run it it opens then closes a second later
  17. towney

towney Member

I found if you lightly rub the screen with one finger while the game loads it took care of the forced close for me. Worth a try...
    lite blue likes this.
  18. brushrop03

brushrop03 Well-Known Member

Yep this works.

air control is a pretty fun game...
  19. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

androzip (file manager)
    antivirus free (keeps phone clean)
    call track (keeps my call logs in calendar)
    cloudlist (make to do lists, shopping lists, etc)
    dealsdroid (saving big bucks with this one)
    documents to go full (microsoft word documents)
    ebay
    extensive notes (you can put any notes here and file them into folders and it has option for secret notes)
    fbook (instead of facebook for android)
    fring (instead of qik)
    gasbuddy (finds cheapest gas)
    gmail notifier (notifys you of a gmail email)
    Handcent sms
    Lock my apps (locks any app you want - only does 3 with free version)
    Lookout (backs up basic stuff, makes sure apps are clean)
    mybackup pro (costs 4.99, but saves all your phone info and your apps online or on sd card)
    Pandora
    Paypal
    Photobucket
    Picsay (edit your pics with funny sayings, bubbles, etc)
    prankdial (lots of fun)
    quick connect (shortcut to calling or texting your contacts - love it when I'm driving
    Restaurant inspector (see how their last inspection was before eating there)
    Ringdroid (edit a song to use as a ringtone)
    Save MMS (saves pictures that came from your texts)
    Shazaam (tells you the name and artist of a song playing on radio, tv or anywhere else)
    Shoplist free (shopping list)
    Weather channel
    tunewiki music player
    Twilight series 6 in 1 (Read all books including Midnight sun and the host on your phone, free)
    White and yellow pages
    Walt Disney World maps
    Walt Disney World lines (I go to disney a lot and these are great for avoiding long lines)
    Where (finds restaurants, hotels, shopping, etc)
    Wheres my droid (Great if you loose your phone)
    HD addicted likes this.
  20. sjjones

sjjones Well-Known Member

Multicon surprised it took till the third page for this app to come up.

Vlingo

Swiftkey beta

Goto
  21. ibleedbloo

ibleedbloo Well-Known Member

Can we all stop posting our complete list off apps and stick to must haves, it will keep this thread much more useful.

I love the StumbleUpon app. Great time killer.
  22. miles_archer

miles_archer Member

yes, please. and tell us what it does and why it's the best for that job.

Making meaningless noise on the internet is easy. Useful posts take just a little effort.

some of the posts in this thread have been extremely useful, thanks!
  23. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Kindle from Amazon. If you think this medium is too small, think again. I just burned thru a 500 page book on the Evo Kindle and enjoyed it thoroughly.v my enthusiasm for reading has returned. Obviously, you pay for books but they give you about the first 5 chapters free to see if you like it. Anyway, I am pretty stoked and downloading books like crazy.
  24. bonphilusa

bonphilusa New Member

Is there a caller id app that will speak only the phone number?
  25. fmphila

fmphila New Member

:)
    Instead of just listing the app, tell us what it's for.