Must Have Android Apps

Last Updated:

1. nu2android

nu2android Well-Known Member

Yes, I have it. its called Call Announcer it only speaks the names in you contact list but any other number, it only speaks the number.

2. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

Voice Caller ID does the same thing, but i don't see an option to make it only speak the numbers even if you have the contact name listed...
  3. OpusP

OpusP Member

+2 for Multicon Great idea! Same for PDANET ... Simple/Free and easy!!! Speeds could be better but thats just because I live in a small town with only 2 towers anywhere in the area miles away tho'.... Get 4g in various spots around town tho' and that is always great!!!

Have been somewhat addicted to WorldWar for some god awful reason..hehe
    Had the swiftkey keyboard on awhile back and it was easier in general than the stock one...need to reinstall again!
    Decibel for work...
    FCC Test for my speedtest...
    All the google stuff...
    Lookout for AV? /Backup...
    @Nethack for when I'm really bored...:)
    Ustream Broadcast and viewer... watch live tv if you have a good connnection...
    ZP Dashboard...
    Convert Anything
    Chrome to phone
    Camera Illusion
    Audio Manager
  4. darkhelmet13

darkhelmet13 New Member

tiger woods could have used this one
    ballr4lyf likes this.
  5. lite blue

lite blue Well-Known Member

Unbelievably, that actually worked, thanks not sure how someone figured that out but thanks.
  6. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

There's a new beta that no longer force closes.
  7. bigsage136

bigsage136 New Member

Gesture Search!
  8. Bikegeek

Bikegeek Well-Known Member

<<Kindle from Amazon. If you think this medium is too small, think again. I just burned thru a 500 page book on the Evo Kindle and enjoyed it thoroughly.v my enthusiasm for reading has returned. Obviously, you pay for books but they give you about the first 5 chapters free to see if you like it. Anyway, I am pretty stoked and downloading books like crazy.>>

Second that. Here's list (updated and changes frequently) of free books from Amazon -

50 Free Books in the Kindle Store Kindle Review – Kindle 3 Review, iPad Review
    Gary Friderichsohn likes this.
  9. zion168

zion168 Active Member

Is there an app for recording phone calls?
  10. Never!?

Never!? Well-Known Member

i.have.droid likes this.
  11. lite blue

lite blue Well-Known Member

I have all call recorder seems to work but not through blue tooth
    zion168 likes this.
  12. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Well-Known Member

Ok, after doing research on this forum about apps and trying to help my buddy or other fellow evo lover out there i figured we need to get them start on the must have apps for them to get started out i am sorry if there is another post for this and i over looked it but as far as i know there aint. So what apps are a must for a newbie or start!!!
  13. harukasan73

harukasan73 Well-Known Member

hmmmm let me see.... Well I hear you do not need an app killer, so that is out... but you would need a file manager, like Astro, or Estrongs, I believe. I like Dolphon Browser, for a browser.... I also make use of Dropbox, Color Note, Bump, If you use Itunes, Double Twist comes in handy, If you read news articles and rss feeds, I use my6sense, and NPR, Tuneinradio comes in handy if you like to listen to certain streaming radio stations,

If you root your EVO, titanium backup, wireless tether, Quick Boot come in handy.

there are a ton of apps out there, and I will download a few that are similar, see which ones do what I like the best, and delete the rest... I dont like a bunch of different apps that can do the same thing, lol
  14. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

15. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

(mp3 music download) - free mp3 search and downloads!
  16. The SPCS Guy

The SPCS Guy Well-Known Member

droid record pro...
    double twist...
    act 1 video player...

are what most of you are looking for probably.

here take a look @ all my apps... they change all the time

MrDiVA's Apps on the phone
    Phone: HTC Evo 4G
    96 total, 78 free (81%), 18 paid (18%), 99MB total size, $54.82 total price

TheBigTurkey, billowred and R2D2 631 like this.
  17. shrxfn68

shrxfn68 Member

I was wondering what. Or IF what app is out there that can play music videos of all files from what Ive DL'd over the years from Napster and Limewire.

Also, is the a music app that can pull album art work for the song from the net as long as your connected?
  18. nu2android

nu2android Well-Known Member

Discovered an app, read about it on Android Forums its called lookout. It backs up you contacts, pictures etc and puts them on a web page, had a virus scanner, not that linux gets viruses anyway, and if you lose your phone aroung the house you can go on the website and have the phone scream-siren- until you find it, unless you're sure its stolen then there is no use in doing that. Also has phone locater gps where the phone is approx vicinity.
  19. RdWing

RdWing Member

I just found lookout today under the Sprint tab on the actually works pretty well. I just wish it had remote-wipe capability like WaveSecure.
  20. mcnutty

mcnutty Well-Known Member

spaghetti and marshmallow ... so much fun
  21. lite blue

lite blue Well-Known Member to download ringtones
  22. EvoFrick

EvoFrick Active Member

I prefer RingDroid myself, turn my Mp3s in to ringtones the way i want them.
  23. jay24k

jay24k Member

Alot of good suggestions.

Another one is psx4droid.

Plays playstation 1 games. Works great and works on final fantasy 7 too! :)

I found the apk out there otherwise it can be only purchased.
  24. Thebeast00777

Thebeast00777 Member

is there a app to hide photos too?? :cool:
  25. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

Gotta have ANGRY BIRDS!

(Which is out of beta, fully functional.....and FREE) in the app store!

(did I mention it looks amazing on the Evo?)
    Dezden likes this.