• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Must have APPS for rooted users

download LEDs hack from the android market. I love it. turns of those softkeys bright lights that annoy your eyes and make you squint at night if youre like me and like having your phone's brightness all the way down.

Why does LEDs Hack need full internet access. It's a little hack to disable a few lights. It shouldn't need that.

Upvote 0
Lcd density changer.
Vpn connections. (get-a-robot)
Terminal
Extended controls (honolulu group)

Which Terminal do you use.

I use Terminal Emulator but one issue I have is that terminal empulator doesn't recongnize the pipe key "|", when I enter this key using the softkeyboard it just gets ignored. I have emailed the developer but no reply.

The second issue I have is that there isn't a back quote key on the keyboard "`" so you can't use this to do something like this on the command line.
for FILE in `ls *.txt`
do
...something
done
and I use this trick often on command lines to manipulate several files at once. This isn't terminal emulator's fault but I thought some terminal's will provide a means for extending the keyboard. I guess I could also use a plug in keyboard which has this key if there are any.

Upvote 0
Which Terminal do you use.

I use Terminal Emulator but one issue I have is that terminal empulator doesn't recongnize the pipe key "|", when I enter this key using the softkeyboard it just gets ignored. I have emailed the developer but no reply.

The second issue I have is that there isn't a back quote key on the keyboard "`" so you can't use this to do something like this on the command line.
for FILE in `ls *.txt`
do
...something
done
and I use this trick often on command lines to manipulate several files at once. This isn't terminal emulator's fault but I thought some terminal's will provide a means for extending the keyboard. I guess I could also use a plug in keyboard which has this key if there are any.
I use terminal emulator
I verified these symbols exist and work under droid x multitouch keyboad apk on my htc incredible.

Upvote 0
I use terminal emulator
I verified these symbols exist and work under droid x multitouch keyboad apk on my htc incredible.

Interesting so when you type the pipe character "|" it shows up?
Is Terminal Emulator the same as "Android Terminal Emulator" by Jack Palevich?

My keyboard doesn't even have the back quote " ` " it has normal single quote " ' " but not the back quote which is on a standard physical keyboard just under tilde over the left tab key.

Upvote 0
Interesting so when you type the pipe character "|" it shows up?
Is Terminal Emulator the same as "Android Terminal Emulator" by Jack Palevich?

My keyboard doesn't even have the back quote " ` " it has normal single quote " ' " but not the back quote which is on a standard physical keyboard just under tilde over the left tab key.
Yeah that's the same terminal emulator I use.
I have multiple keyboards.. Stock, swype, and droid x multitouch (which has the symbols you want)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones