• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Must-Have apps for the EVO 3D

You are correct, see description

Description

Welcome to use LBE Privacy Guard, the most powerful privacy protection software for Android platform.To LBE Privacy Guard 1.x users:
Due to numerous changes in new version, direct upgrade from 1.x is not supported. You must uninstall Ver 1.x and reinstall Ver 2.x manually. Besides, all your configurations will be lost.
LBE Privacy Guard requires a ROOTed phone, please make sure your phone has been unlocked and ROOTed.
With the state-of-the-art API interception technology, LBE Privacy Guard provides great enhancement to Android permission system, now the first time you are able to:
- Protect your privacy by controlling the permission of each application to access your sensitive data.
- Block malicious operation from Mal-wares and Trojans.
- Block unwanted network traffic if you don’t have a unlimited data plan.
- Find out which application is trying to steal your privacy by checking the security log.

And much much more, check it out, I highly recommend it

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lbe.security.lite

+1. I believe you do have to be rooted to use it, though. I had to allow su permission when I first opened it.

Upvote 0
I posted this in the Introduction forum and was suggested to create a thread in this forum because there wasn't one. so here goes.

other apps i hope to add:

a keyboard of some sort (Swype, T9, ect. ect.)
music player (iSync, Google Music Beta, PowerAMP, Audio Galaxy)

any suggestions; Games, System Apps, Widget Apps, ect. ect.

For a tracking app, my favorite is "Total Equipment Protection" from Sprint:);)
It tracks your phone, and when you tell it to, it sounds an alarm for three full minutes, even when the phone is on Silent. You get to decide how low the battery gets before it stops sending location signals, and how frequently it sends them out:) and It's free:):) Also, Google Latitude is resourceful if you left it out somewhere:) Hope I helped:D

Upvote 0
I don't know how many apps are on my 3VO but it's great compared ot my OG EVO but I am already running low on space. I just got the new Transformer Prime so if there is a new game or something I want I put it on my new tablet which I love. Amazon hasn't had any really good free apps lately. Today it was a 10 dollar app for your finances so I downloaded it cause it was a 10 dollar app but I didn't install it yet. I just like to have it just in case I need it. My favorite thing is Splashtop which was the free app not too long ago but it came on my tablet so I can control my whole desktop from my tablet when not at home it's cool!

Is there a thing as too many apps? I have 109 apps on my 3VO... I have so much space on this thing compared to my Original EVO that there are some apps I've downloaded that I haven't even launched yet, lol. I love it tho... I'm considering getting rid of my HP Touchpad....

Upvote 0
I'd also like to throw in The Sims 3 (in stereoscopic)... I'm familiar with the game since it first came out, but never really played it since then. Fast forward to now, and it's adicting as all hell. You can adjust the depth of the 3D, and it's pretty easy to navigate through.

Hands down, it's definitely one of the nicest 3DVO games I have on my device.

Upvote 0
Just got an Evo 3D and the Apps i have so far are:
- Go Launcher
- Go locker
- Slide It
- Easy Battery
- Brightest Flashlight (really is)
- FreindCaster (great facebook app)
- Twitter
- ESPN Score centre (great for sport scores)
- App2SD Free

I'm still learning and customizing my phone, great thread!

for sports scores, i'd suggest Fox Sports. alot cleaner and smoother than the ESPN one.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone...I recently upgraded my virgin mobile phone to an Evo 3D from an Optimus V, and I am not happy with the stock messaging app. (the font is too small, even when set to "largest")

On my Optimus, I used GOsms, which was perfect for me, but on the EVO, it is causing me to miss messages. Sometimes they come hours later, sometimes never. I also tried Handcent with similar results. When I use the stock app, it works fine, but I need a larger font to be able to read clearly.

Has anyone found a good replacement that is reliable, or a way to make the font larger? I have a stock non-rooted Evo 3D 4G running on the Sprint network though virgin mobile.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Just got an Evo 3D and the Apps i have so far are:
- Go Launcher
- Go locker
- Slide It
- Easy Battery
- Brightest Flashlight (really is)
- FreindCaster (great facebook app)
- Twitter
- ESPN Score centre (great for sport scores)
- App2SD Free

I'm still learning and customizing my phone, great thread!

Almost a year late lol but I counter ESPN score centre with sports tap, pretty good for scores, live updates, widgets etc.

Sent From My Paranoid Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones