Must-Have apps for the EVO 3DTips

1. Blue_Turtle

Blue_Turtle Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to turn the swype option on? Cant find it
  2. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

Touch an empty text field and hold it down. Then click the "Input Options" button that pops up. Then selected "Swype" and pow! You have Swype. ;)
    Blue_Turtle likes this.
  3. Blue_Turtle

Woah how do they expect us to figure that out. Guess I need to stop being lazy and read the manual lol. First time using swype and I love it!
  4. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

No worries. ;) I only know because I watched about 20 hours worth of reviews & instructional video's on YouTube before I even had an Android LOL... Have fun! :D
  5. Fbomb!

Fbomb! Well-Known Member

Thats one that I tried and it kept crashing my camera. Also tried Andropan (which sucks) and 360 (which I don't really care for).
    bxroto likes this.
  6. Jackietreehorn

Jackietreehorn Well-Known Member

Anyone have any recommendation for "the best" QR scanning/barcode app? Seems like a lot of the popular ones on market ask for a ton of permissions they don't need. I don't actually mind if they're separate, but an all in one is certainly nice. Going to read through the thread again to see if I missed more than I think, but they didn't seem mentioned too often.
  7. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Well-Known Member

I Have barcode scanner and one called scanlife.

Jackietreehorn likes this.
  8. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Here is a small tutorial video, but there are many on Youtube

YouTube - ‪Swype Tutorial Android‬‏

nitussi likes this.
  9. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Ubermusic is pretty cool. It's a metro/zunesque music app that runs really smooth.

launcherpro.com/music
  10. Emblazon

Emblazon Well-Known Member

I tried all but the last one (I refuse to pay for wallpaper). Now, while I do love the way they look, every single time you wake the phone or return to the home screen from an application, the wallpaper flashes briefly. That is a big no no if the wallpaper isn't designed to be slightly cached and appear seamless. Oh well, back to the old static wallpaper.
  11. RAdroider

RAdroider Well-Known Member

Google Plus is an awesome app on this phone
  12. Blue_Turtle

Where can I find true 3D live wallpapers that utilize the 3vo's 3D? I can only find gimmick 3D wallpapers in the market.
  13. Blue_Turtle

Thinking about buying EasyTether as well. Is this the best alternative to rooting? Also, does incoming calls kick you off the internet?
  14. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

nitussi likes this.
  15. Blue_Turtle

EarlyMon likes this.
  16. EarlyMon

Given that this is a volunteer gig, knowing that I've helped is raise enough. :) ;)
    Complex757 likes this.
  17. tygger

tygger Member

Strange... it works on mine fine.
  18. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

AndroSensor is an awesome app. Lets you see what all the phone sensors are doing

Supports:
    GPS
    Accelerometer
    Gyroscope
    Light sensor
    Magnetic field detection
    Orientation sensor
    Proximity sensor
    Sound meter (dB)
    Battery status (including batt temp)

Allows for taking a snapshot of the data
  19. Blue_Turtle

I must say that I'm a bit dissapointed with the youtube app. I expected a very thorough youtube app coming from an htc phone. The one on my ipod touch is so much easier to navigate around, especially through subscriptions. Does anyone know how to select individual subscriptions on it? When I log in, all I get is all my subscriptions lumped together and sometimes the new videos won't even show up :(
  20. EarlyMon

Yep, each update of the Google YouTube app seems less.

I found it better to just use the browser to visit YouTube and that works best for me. Tap an embedded video on normal webpages to choose the YouTube app if it's 3D, that also works for things like favorite links on your YouTube page.

Fullscreen button does what you expect, and you can fullscreen ANY embedded video by long press then select gray box that will appear in the upper left corner.

Hope that all makes sense. :)

The good and bad of full Flash support. ;)
  21. Blue_Turtle

Thanks. I will be doing the same as you until they show me vast improvement with coming updates
  22. Fbomb!

Fbomb! Well-Known Member

Anyone else having problems with Google Voice? I cannot change settings to which number I want to use. It keeps reverting to my google number, not my sprint. Any recommendations for GV apps?

I'll have to try it again. Maybe a reinstall will be better. I am assuming it was crashing my regular camera (stock). I kept getting a "camera in use by another app" message. I uninstalled Photaf and no more errors since.
  23. ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X Well-Known Member

That's very odd for that to happen. I didn't get that at all with mine. With one of them it didn't go into sleep mode, but after reinstalling it, it worked seemlessly. Sorry to hear that you've been having bad luck. Maybe if you try reinstalling it, it might work better... I've been using each of them since last week and don't plan on stopping. They're simply mezmerizing to watch.
  24. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Well-Known Member

I got a Google invite not too long ago I sent in for a beta. I don't really know what all it is or does and then tonight I was reading a little about Google Plus. So do I use my invite and sign up for an account then download google plus from the market?

25. wacko11

wacko11 Well-Known Member

Can u send me an invite, my gmail wacko11j11@gmail.com.