• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Must have" apps for the Thunderbolt

bamaster

Jun 4, 2010
I'm getting my T-Bolt on a couple days *crosses fangers* and I'm curious what apps are "must have" for this phone. I'm coming off an Evo and a few apps that I have to have are

* LauncherPro [Customize screens and docks]
* MyBackup Pro [$ - Backup apps, phots and data]
* AppAlarm Pro [$ - Trigger events with alarms... I use it to launch Pandora for waking up]
* ASTRO File Manager [Browse/manage your memory card, also will install APK files]
* Go SMS or Handcent [Alternative to stock text app, skinable, custom notifications]
* ColorNote Notepad Notes [Notepad type app, I use it for keeping a grocery list and cocktail recipes!]
* WeatherBug Elite [$ - Weather app, has nice radar animations and widgets]
* RealCalc Scientific Calcualtor [Nifty calculator]
* Mr. Number Call Block [Block incoming calls and texts]
* CalWidget [Neat widget for displaying calendar events]
* Extended Controls [$ - Awesome widgets for feature toggling, like WiFi, Sync, GPS, Vibrate mode, etc. Helps with battery life when not by disabling things when not needed... hoping they get a TB support for switching 4G antennae]
* AudioManager Pro [$ - Widget for adjusting the various volumes]
* MagicGem [$ - Like Jewels game]
* Angry Birds (like, duh!)
* Facebook/Foursquare/Twitter
* Pandora Radio [Streaming music]

Anything that you guys have that you can't live without? Anything unique to the Thunderbolt?

Nope, so one of the other 14,000 threads dedicated to this exact topic would probably suffice...

So you're saying the Thunderbolt doesn't have a specific feature that can utilize an app better than another phone?

I know when the 3GS came out on the iPhone, there were apps that utilized its built in pseudo-compass and certain apps like Yelp gave you augmented reality.

Upvote 0
Am I the only one who likes ChompSMS? I like Handcent, and liked GoSMS(thought it was slow on the Fascinate though, could have been phone), but I always go back to Chomp.

A while back I stopped using Chomp when they started putting advertisements in the free app. I switched to Handcent then, and haven't looked back.

Does it still have the ads? Or did they remove them?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones