• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
are you on 2.1? the navigator on my phone is just as good as my Garmin

Question is, will this run smoothly in areas with spotty/no service? With 2.1, is there now the ability store any part, or all of Google Maps' database, or does displaying those maps solely depend on service? Can someone steer me in the right direction on this please?

Upvote 0
Today I saw this app on AppBrain, and it's awesome:

Dazzle Configurable Switcher
by Moonblink
1,000 downloads, 151 ratings (4.5 avg)
Free
rating9.png
chart

It's a configurable version of the Power Control Widget. It lets you choose which items you want on the widget, and you can make it any size you want.

Favorite features:
1. You can choose to cycle through the ring/silent/vibrate options OR have a popup to choose one.
2. The brightness button works with auto brightness!!!

Pictures from market:
screen
screen

Controls available:
  • Ringer popup
  • Ringer one-touch (cycle through normal, silent, vibrate)
  • Cellular (takes you to the settings page)
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS (takes you to the settings page)
  • Airplane mode
  • Sync on/off
  • Brightness popup
  • Brightness one-touch (cycle through max, user-defined, min)
  • Brightness/auto popup
  • Brightness/auto one-touch (cycle through auto, max, user-defined, min)

Upvote 0

It's a configurable version of the Power Control Widget. It lets you choose which items you want on the widget, and you can make it any size you want.

Favorite features:
1. You can choose to cycle through the ring/silent/vibrate options OR have a popup to choose one.

That is an awsome find!!! I love the stock power control widget, but felt it was very limited. This is something that should have came stock with the Android phone :)

Upvote 0
Anyone know of a good news application/widget?

Don't know what kind of news you are looking for, but if you do a search in market for "buzz" you will find quite a few cool ones. I use Buzz Mobile, Buzz Games, and Buzz Sports. Each has a slick widget included. There is also Buzz deck which gives you access to all sorts of news topics in the same format as above, but without the widget.

There is one called Buzz News which is newspaper like news.

Upvote 0
I hate being had and have to admit I fell for that advertisement video but now common sense does point that the constant polling of position might be unhelpful.

How did you pinpoint your battery drain so specifically to Screebl?

I am seeing Display as using up 92% of my battery life since I installed it; whereas, before it was the various programs I was running that would show as major battery users. Now my programs are not even in the running except for Beautiful Widgets showing as 2%. Is it the high Display use that you are attributing to Screebl?

I am using CM 5.0.6.2, overclocked with Bekits to 1.2Ghz using SetCPU on a MotoDroid and mulittask like a demon, but definitely surprised by shorter battery life and the sudden Display use phenomena since installing Screebl.

Try uninstalling it and see if it helps your battery. I've heard that both CM and BB are good on the battery even though they're overclocked because they are using lower voltage.

Upvote 0

Dazzle Configurable Switcher
by Moonblink
1,000 downloads, 151 ratings (4.5 avg)

Favorite features:

Does it include a toggle widget for mobil network? That's the only thing I have not been able to find other than the HTC one included on the phone. I use wifi while at home and at work so I like to turn off the 3g service to save battery but would like one widget like posted above.

Upvote 0
Does it include a toggle widget for mobil network? That's the only thing I have not been able to find other than the HTC one included on the phone. I use wifi while at home and at work so I like to turn off the 3g service to save battery but would like one widget like posted above.

Nope, have to use the HTC widget for that.

Reactions: Papadroid
Upvote 0
I downloaded Call Confirm and will test it out today. I like that you can set it to disable the msg if is a number that is not in your contacts. Between Call Confirm and Not Call Log it should solve all my misdial problems completely.

a few of the newer-to-me apps that I love and have yet to grow tired of are (most have been mentioned here already I'm sure):

MLB At Bat - yeah baseball season is here!!

Swype - one of those apps I couldn't do without

Nexus One 3D Gallery -I downloaded this as soon as I got the 2.1 OTA...thanks Andzroid

3 (Cubed) - still buggy but love the wow factor on it

Vlingo - haven't tested it out much but it seems to work as promised

Urbanspoon - haven't gotten to use much yet bec. had to wait until I got the OTA but am looking forward to it.

and Toss It - many minutes/hours of mindless fun for me and the kids...frustrating to get to the last toss to break your previous record and you choke. You can't help shouting in disapppointment even if you are trying to be quiet :p

Upvote 0
I downloaded Call Confirm and will test it out today. I like that you can set it to disable the msg if is a number that is not in your contacts. Between Call Confirm and Not Call Log it should solve all my misdial problems completely.

a few of the newer-to-me apps that I love and have yet to grow tired of are (most have been mentioned here already I'm sure):

MLB At Bat - yeah baseball season is here!!

Swype - one of those apps I couldn't do without

Nexus One 3D Gallery -I downloaded this as soon as I got the 2.1 OTA...thanks Andzroid

3 (Cubed) - still buggy but love the wow factor on it

Vlingo - haven't tested it out much but it seems to work as promised

Urbanspoon - haven't gotten to use much yet bec. had to wait until I got the OTA but am looking forward to it.

and Toss It - many minutes/hours of mindless fun for me and the kids...frustrating to get to the last toss to break your previous record and you choke. You can't help shouting in disapppointment even if you are trying to be quiet :p

Does someone have a link to the Nexus gallery?

Upvote 0
I recently started using an app called Sleeptimer.
It will turn off whatever apps you tell it to at a specified time.

Great for those who leave the eris playing music. I also remember a few members here saying they have apps that play soothing sounds when they go to bed. This would shut them off after 30 min, 1 hr, or whatever you wanted.

Personally i set it to shut off my Wifi Tether when I leave work. That way I dont forget and it keeps draining my battery.

You can also just shake the eris to extend the time.

Upvote 0
Just found this app, don't think I've seen it mentioned in this thread. I occasionally accidentally dial people when scrolling through favorites or my call log. This app is called "Call Confirm". When you hit to call someone, a pop-up appears with the contact picture and number, asks if you really want to call this number. Gives you the option to "call" or "hang up" will save me a TON of accidental calls. Also gives the option to bypass if blue tooth is enabled.
chart

Awesome! Especially since facebook adds everyone as a contact if they list their phone number, I have a lot of people in my phone book I will never call. I think I accidentally dialed someone I have seen since the 7th grade. I was able to disconnect quickly, but it would have been really embarassing if he picked up.

Upvote 0
Awesome! Especially since facebook adds everyone as a contact if they list their phone number, I have a lot of people in my phone book I will never call. I think I accidentally dialed someone I have seen since the 7th grade. I was able to disconnect quickly, but it would have been really embarassing if he picked up.

Maybe you were supposed to call him. Did you ever think about that?

Wow.. i think I just blew your mind:eek:

Upvote 0
has anyone heard of or tried the dialer one app yet? i just did a factory wipe on my phone, and it showed up im my market just wondering if it was any good:cool:

Yes, i used it before when i had dialer lag. My new rom doesn't lag (and the dialer is themed;)) so I haven't downloaded it.

Very nice dialer. And i loved the way you can easily switch between call log, contacts, frequent calls, just by clicking right above the dialer.

REcommend it if you don't like the stock dialer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones