must stop visiting sprintGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

okay so today i yet again, whipped out my instinct, it ****ed up, so i drove down the street to the sprint store and drooled at the moment again... i almost whipped out my card and used my update... i HAVE to stop doing this cause i just feel it's too late to just now be buying into this phone when i only get an upgrade every 2 years...

does anyone think that ATLEAST the moment w/ TV chip will be announced at CTIA... i mean at the least... i neeed a new phone but i don't wanna be stuck behind when i'm in the last part of my contract, i want the n1 or supersonic or something that in two years will still be, if not the latest firmware, atleast cared for in someway.

any thoughts, please steer me away from impulse!

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

The supersonic might have 'official' rumors (hints thrown by sprint) sometime by June. Actual release date... unknown.

3. krishnac

krishnac Active Member

There WILL be a 4G phone from Sprint this summer, likely 2. This is not a rumor, this is from the CFO of Sprint.

4. massiveian

massiveian Well-Known Member

Dont you have to have a data plan with the instinct? If so that puts you in the premiere "status" where your able to upgrade your phone every year

5. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

"every 2 years"?

Having an Instinct with the Everything plan on Sprint you are considered a Premier customer and entitled to get a new phone 'every year' if you desire. (opps, did I make another reference to the HTC Desire again! drool).

I too had the lackluster Instinct from June 2008 until the HTC Hero was launched in October 2009. I paid the same price for for the Hero as a new customer only having been on Sprint for 15 months. So, as a Premier customer, you

6. Covert_Death

7. April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79 Well-Known Member

How many people on the family plan? If it's just 2 and you're on the Everything Data 1500 ($129.99), and the early upgrade is something that both lines want, it would be $10/month more (less if you have a corp discount) to put each line on an Everything Data 450 plan ($69.99 each, or $139.98), which would make both lines eligible for early upgrades. Of course, if there's more than 2 on the plan, it may not make much sense to do that.

8. Covert_Death

everything data 1500 with 4 lines :(

9. 9Nails

9Nails Well-Known Member

I thought that the Moment with the DTV chip was only available in beta test form for the D.C. area? It sounds cool, but the one drawback is that it's the same ol' Moment without a Snapdragon CPU - so it won't have the full Adobe Flash. (If Flash ever spills out of the pipe-dream.)

10. noidea`

noidea` Active Member

I'm in the same boat. When the time comes, I will go to Sprint and demand the upgrade. Even though we have that huge plan, the first line opted to go with a Katana. (yea I know : facepalm).

Go to the Sprint store and argue to them that you're using that hella expensive plan, you have a shatty phone that is buggy, and make them feel baaad for you.

Try it and tell me how it works out :)

11. infamousjax

infamousjax Well-Known Member

The moment does not have a snapdragon cpu, it's ARM.
    also, it's already been announced that the moment and the hero both with not be receiving the new flash.

12. April_Fool_79

You know that you can change which line is considered the primary, right? It's not locked in stone that it is the first one activated, it can be changed at any time (but you can't bounce it from one line to the next every 3 months to get early upgrades on each, the system does track that). So if the "primary" line is, say, your mom, who really could care less what phone they have (or would be fine taking your "old" one every 12 months), just contact Sprint and ask them to change the primary line. It takes about 2 months for the upgrade discount to update, but after that, you're all set.

At least Sprint *HAS* a loyalty program. :)

13. Covert_Death

ughhh i wish i could do that, my dad is set to primary right now, i doubt he'll give that up lol, he likes new tech too much as well :( i just wish i'd get SOME disscount every 12 cause then it wouldn't be so bad, even if were only $50 mail in rebate instead of $150... i just think paying 500-600 for a phone that only cost 150-200 to make is rediculous

14. April_Fool_79

If your line is not listed as the primary, you would get $75 off the regular price after 12 months, and the full discount after 22 months. But the $75 would be it, no Mail-In Rebates or anything else.

15. Covert_Death

yup that sucks, cause when buying a smartphone $75 don't do crap to help cover the fee's lol...

16. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

It hardly covers the tax!:(

17. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

I'm going to turn my girlfriends instinct into a dedicated PMP by hacking it. I may load Cyanogen or something like it on it. I hope they come out with a 4G phone with a hardware qwerty.