Mustymod - sources released!

Last Updated:

1. sado1

sado1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

mustymod's Profile - GitHub

Musty visited us on #i7500 today (this time the real one, seems that this sonique guy some weeks ago was fake). He was traveling much because of his job and that's why he had little time to code for mustymod and no time at all to talk with us. Anyway, he agreed to release the source code! His doubt about releasing it was if somebody could start earning money with it. Drakaz cleared it out that there will be no donations for gaosp project (gaosp - Project Hosting on Google Code posting link as I'm not sure if it was posted here) and it would be difficult to donate as there are too many developers engaged ;) Musty agreed and started releasing bits of source code. It will take some time to release all changes which he made, I see that there's only ril and hardware modules at the moment, but there's hopefully more to come. Not very well documented though, but drakaz's going to take care of it.

Advertisement
  2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

excellent news

3. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

I told you he's the good guy :D

4. grimdafango

grimdafango New Member

TodayI logged in as usual in the IRC #i7500 chan on Freenode.
    Drakaz was there as usual speaking of his (marvellous) development work when I suddenly saw something I would never expect to see.. even in the most optimistic dream :)

[14:03:01] --> musty (zzzzzz@zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz) has joined #i7500

and yes.. it was really him!

Mustymod looks like a smart guy (and a nice person overall)..
    Drakaz and Musty started to cohoperate as soon as the surprise left the keyboards on the chan.. :)

I suppose we can wait marvellous news from this event..

and again the #i7500 community showed how things can be done to get the most out of it.

PS.. a new git repo has born.. I suppose you don't want to miss it :) here is the link..
    mustymod's Profile - GitHub

have a nice day... now :D

5. Rastaman-FB

never said he wasnt, just i had concerns ages ago
    i and many other have been proven wrong. this is nothing but a good thing tho. being cynical isnt a bad thing either.

6. grimdafango

grimdafango New Member

thank you for the merge :)

7. Rastaman-FB

no probs

8. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

That's what I always say... gets me into a lot of trouble though :D

This is indeed good news, hope we can get a fully functioning 2.0/2.1 release soon!

9. sado1

Yeah, he was curious why some people disliked him so much, especially he laughed at the idea of trojan horse inside his mod ;) but everything is ok now and he's nice person as grimdafango said. I expect gaosp (drakaz&others mod) to speed up development a bit ;)

10. informale

informale Well-Known Member

So is he releasing the sources and sort of joining gaosp in order to produce a single ROM, or is he going to continue work on his own ROM as well?

11. sado1

He is going to continue his rom, but will provide its source code to be used in gaosp.

12. Rastaman-FB

i dont know where the trojan stuff came from
    someone was scaremongering behind the scenes there
    certainly wasnt posted on AF

13. danimar

danimar Active Member

It's a shame they are not going to work together, the more people the better as more hours can be put into it (because always remember it's other people's spare time we're talking about). Anyway this is GREAT news!

14. briany

briany Active Member

excellent
    i'm glad i've kept my galaxy this long

15. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

I've just become Very Optimistic :D

16. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

"It's always darkest before the dawn" :p

17. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

a lot of fixes will come from 2.1 itself, sync bug being the biggest. google, release the master branch for once :/

18. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

(didn't know linking with an emote was possible... that's kinda cool)

19. Rastaman-FB

again, there is nothing in there that mentions trojan, one person asked if it was possible to be malicious with cooked roms in which it is. this is no lie and no one said that musty was infact being malicious at all

hardly making out that hes putting trojans in his software is it?

people read far too deep in to things and its stuff like this that triggers off the scaremongering as they are making big issues out of nothing.
    there are a lot of people in these forums guilty of this

20. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

those are synonymous

no, no one said "there's a trojan on the mustyrom", but for the uninformed, the suspicion would definitely raise well above anything sensible by reading the first couple of posts

21. Rastaman-FB

its a bit different from "musty is not sure why people think hes putting trojans in software"
    if people are getting that from that topic they need their head checking seriously

22. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

that's a far cry from what was actually said

23. Rastaman-FB

well it pretty much means the same doesnt it?
    but yet you can advocate that comment is easy to achieve because someone was basically asking if there could be security implications?

im not understanding your point mate
    some one has twisted things somewhere and told him some shizzle about what was said in that post or in my opinion someone somewhere else actually started spreading rumours that there are trojans.
    Fact remains for him to come to that comment it did not originate from these forums.

even if thats how its perceived, some one must have warped it as if you have half a braincell and read that post you can see its not actually saysing anything bad about musty

anywayif you do reply well leave it after that as we are taking this topic out of context. im just not sure how people can be blamed for asking a very valid question that no one really asks about cooked roms

24. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

the original post in that thread clearly indicates that there is "an idea that musty could have a trojan inside his rom", which is what he apparently laughed at

my point is the difference between what you seem to be assuming to be going on ("people think there's a trojan in the mustyrom") and what i interpreted this as (someone saying "hey, couldn't it be possible that...")

my point is, judging by musty's response i don't assume anything bad was said about him, just that the idea of a possibility that a trojan could be implemented was thrown out

25. sado1

I believe he meant similar topic on Modaco, which was created by tsphere (who created topic mentioned here) too. The topic's name explains where this 'trojan' idea came from: Can mustymod be a dangerous trojan horse? - Android @ MoDaCo But he talked with musty about that and it's all ok now, as we can see (thread updated).