Mute all sounds on hero, including media, for meetings!!!

Last Updated:

1. sdiddy

sdiddy Active Member This Topic's Starter

SO i pushed the volume rocker down all the way to silent on the sprint hero for my weekly office meeting, thinking that the phone was completely muted, and then I opened up gang wars on the phone and it started BLARING rap music on full volume through the speakers!!! WHAT IS WITH THIS??? Would the stupid phone know to mute everything? Or did I do somethign wrong and not doing this properly? My old treo had a volume kill switch on the top of the phone and NO sounds would work. Is there any way to quickly MUTE all sounds without having to also go to settings sounds media and scrolling it down to zero?? also, even when i set the media volume down, a lot of times an app causes it to be set to high again. WHATS WITH THIS??? :eek:

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

download a widget for sound.. to switch off and on.
    I use "ringer toggle widget" by rounded labs (it is free).

I use it.. and it will shut down all sound.

oh.. and yes.. there are many different sound settings:
    ringer
    media
    alarm

3. dbuschini

dbuschini New Member

Press and hold the ON/OFF (Red Hang Up Button) and it brings up "Phone Options" then you can click 'Silent Mode'...this is the quickest way i can think of (2 steps)

Chief7 likes this.
  4. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

The phone still has sound for the programs that use sound (e.g. media & alarm). The ringer is off though.

5. dbuschini

dbuschini New Member

The phone still has sound for the programs that use sound (e.g. media & alarm). The ringer is off though.

I believe the SOUND OFF will turn ALL sounds OFF.

6. Biggest Fro

Biggest Fro Well-Known Member

I have an App called AudioManager, it's free in the Market.

It has 2 different size widgets, I use the bigger one which is 4x1, it shows the volume levels for each control on the phone, and if I tap it it brings me to a window where I can control each level separately. I like it and have never had any problems with it.

7. peck1524

peck1524 Well-Known Member

I use sound manager which is free on the market. Its a small widget that when pressed gives you access to all of your phone volume controls (Ringer, System, Notification, Media, Alarm and In-Call Volume). You can even set numerous schedules for each seperate volume control.

8. bray424

bray424 Well-Known Member

I use an app simply called "Mute" which works pretty much the same as a widget, and according to what the app description says and my own testing in the last 10 seconds, it mutes everything except alarms (media included).

9. pwabbit

I just loaded "dgSuper Silent". It is not free. It costs $1.99. The nice feature it has is: it will turn off ALL sounds when I set the volume rocker to silent or vibrate, then it will activate ALL sounds again when 'sound' is selected with the volume rocker. It doesn't need a widget to do that.

10. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

I am sorry, but this post made me LMAO. Can you tell me how your boss/colleges reacted?

anyways, I downloaded "volume control" from the app market, shows and lets you control every driver that uses volume.

11. marvince

marvince Member

"dgSuper Silent" definitely disables all sounds, games included.

12. pwabbit

Yep, that is the one I finally ended up with.

13. chaosis

chaosis Active Member

It's always safe to have a backup plan for just such a circumstance as this...in my case, me and my friends at work have devised a fool proof plan for uncomfortable silences just like this...if and when you're caught not working/paying attention, the boss gives you the stink eye, and most bosses react with "What do you think about what I just said?"...This is the moment your real friends should shine!!! You have to have a signal of course ;) so scratch your ear or something (as everyone will be looking at you so there's no reason why your friend "Bob" in accounting didn't know to save your ass), and start with "well I thought", now at this moment "Bob" should just blurt out some random phrase...all attention is diverted and now the boss doesn't know who he/she is more pissed at :cool: I had to cover for one of my buddies last week, obscene ringer lol...so I didn't miss a beat, once the boss man set me up I just blurted out "Sexual chocolate!" Catastrophe averted lol.