Mute my ringer for an hour or so??

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by irishgator, Nov 17, 2010.

1. irishgator

irishgator Active Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I know there are apps that can set the ringer to mute during certain times of the day. However, I am wondering if there is an application that will allow me to tell the phone to not ring for the next hour (or any set amount of time). The problem is that periodically I will go to an unscheduled event in when I want to mute the phone, but inevitably forget to unmute later. I'd like to quickly choose to mute for an hour and then it automatically unmutes after an hour...

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    You can create a widget that will do it using tasker

Tasker - Android app on AppBrain

3. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    USA
    Setting Profiles and Tasker can help you do this.

4. amlothi

amlothi Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Also recommend Tasker. Worth the price if you are willing to setup your own profiles. You can do lots of other useful things with it.

However, if you aren't into all that...someone recommended an app called "Shush!" in another thread. Haven't installed it myself.

5. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Another suggestion is Phoneweaver. You can manually select your profiles as well as set the duration. It's handy for going to the movies where you need to silence the ringer for the next two hours. I place the Phoneweaver icon on my homescreen for easy access. The downside to this app is the price and it takes some time to configure.

6. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Medical Doctor
    Auckland, New Zealand
    +1 for Tasker, most powerful app for Android and a must for everyone who is prepared to invest a little in the learnign curve.

7. Thrakbad

Thrakbad New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Beautiful Widgets has a Toggle Widget for this, too. It's called "Timed silence" and is straightforward to use. just tap it, choose the time and go.

LaTuFu likes this.
  8. TulsaTime

TulsaTime Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    I like SilenceModeTimer for this. It will also allow you to set up widgets for specific lengths of time if you want. I use this for work since I work a varying schedule.

9. Mr Marcus

Mr Marcus Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    DC
    Timeriffic (sp?) works for me. Lets me control most everything in that same way.

10. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    The only one I've ever used is BuzzOff. It's very lightweight, and does exactly what you want. I did look up some of the other suggestions here, and they look just as good. I will, of course, always recommend tasker, like everyone else.

11. kicko

kicko Active Member

Apr 16, 2010
    +1 this

12. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I like this app:

Silence / Quiet Time! - Android app on AppBrain

13. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chi-Town
    Settings profile.
    Can set a profile to be active for X amount of time

14. irishgator

irishgator Active Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Ok, of the options here, I liked Shush the best.

However, so many of you were pushing Tasker, I thought I'd roll the dice. So, I've created a couple of tasks, etc.

However, I'm not sure how I would accomplish this task with Tasker. Any Tasker experts here that could tell me? While I appreciate any plugins, I like to try to understand and learn how this would actually work...

Thanks!