• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mute ringtone without muting alarm?

mqduck

Lurker
Dec 22, 2013
In the past, muting the ringtone didn't mute the alarm. But starting sometime last Spring or, I can't find a way to mute the ringtone without it muting the alarm as well. In the Volumes control panel, where it shows the four volume levels, moving the Ringtone volume to zero mutes Notifications and Alarms, and they can't be changed until Ringtone is taken off mute.

Is there a way to do this I just haven't found?

I really do not think this can be done. Or atleast experimenting with my phone it cannot be done anyways. Not sure if anyone else has tried this or not.

Update:

Ok I'm a bone head I was lowering the sound with the sound keys and not thinking about the internal volumes In My Motorola's Settings there is a volumes setting in the Sound Setting This allows you to customize the volume sounds for each individual:

a. Music, video games, and other media
b. Riingtone
c. Notifications
d. Alarms

Check in your settings on the device you are on and see if its similar to my settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones