• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Muting Camera Shutter

Panmail

Lurker
Jul 29, 2014
Anyone know how to mute the stock camera app's shutter sound?

The stock app doesn't even have this option in its settings menu.
And I've tried other apps such as Camera 360 and Camera FV5 which have the shutter mute in their settings but in actual use the shutter sound still plays.

I'm suspecting that it's the underlying camera driver which apps interface with that's the issue. Another reason we need to root this phone.

Anyone know how to mute the stock camera app's shutter sound?

The stock app doesn't even have this option in its settings menu.
And I've tried other apps such as Camera 360 and Camera FV5 which have the shutter mute in their settings but in actual use the shutter sound still plays.

I'm suspecting that it's the underlying camera driver which apps interface with that's the issue. Another reason we need to root this phone.

I too hate the shutter sound so I went through a dozen apps trying to find one that worked well AND had the ability to mute the shutter sound. In the end, CameraMX was the closest I could find to the stock app that had the ability to mute.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones