• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The next CoD had been announced with a teaser as "Call of Duty: Ghosts". Not much else has been shown other than a reveal date of May 21.

The big things I hate are one hit knifes, cheap perks/attachments, and the horrible connection issues. However, all those things are what casual gamers like and that's clearly the audience Activision is trying to appeal to. In any skill based shooter, a top player will rarely be killed by bad players, but it happens all the time in CoD due to the complete randomness added by all these "tools for bad players" Activision adds to keep the casual players happy. Those things will never change though, since Activision makes the most money from casual players.

The other thing that will be an issue is the next generation of consoles will be out near launch of the next CoD. They will have split sales between PS3/360 and PS4/720. Not to mention, I'm willing to bet Activision will be so lazy that the PS3/360 version will simply be ported to the PS4/720 instead of actually making a separate game to take advantage of the new console's hardware.

Activision has built an empire. It succeeds regardless of how bad the actual game is just because CoD happens to be the game that everyone plays. The days of them trying to put out a good product are long gone, they're just milking it for money as long as they can.

Upvote 0
I think this is also a good
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg
06.jpg

07.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones