• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MXQ OT TV BOX no Wifi issue

I recently put a new custom build firmware on my MXQ box and everything is fine apart from one massive issue... the Wifi won't switch on. Well actually it does switch on but it's not picking up any access points.
I've seen a few people have had issues with this but so far can't find a definitive answer.
Any help would be massively appreciated.
Thanks, Paul.

The only fix I can find is to buy a TP-LINK TL-WR710N or similar device and set it up in CLIENT MODE.

'Client Mode'
is when the device reads your WiFi signal and then allows you to use that signal to connect directly to your box with an ethernet cable.

This has worked for me just fine... although the cable that came with it didn't work so I was fumbling around in the settings for hours before I figured this out!

51dhWrv1ZrL._SY355_.jpg

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-9_TL-WR710N.html

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
If I was planning on spending money I'd just buy another Android box mate.

Fair enough... but given the fact that these boxes are of rubbish quality and prone to failure, buying another one seems a bad investment, when for less money you can fix the one you have.

Also, as has been widely reported on other threads, fixing the WiFi is next to impossible and tinkering around with the software is just down right dangerous!

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Well, apparently not! :)

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones