1. HUGE Androidforums.com UPDATE! Learn what's new (and download the new app!)
    Dismiss Notice

MXQ Pro 4k WIFI help pleaseSupport

Last Updated:

1. double0

double0 New Member This Topic's Starter

My tv box will not let me turn back on the wifi connection. it will come on when i do the factory reset but if i restart the box it turns off and will not turn back on. I have updated the firmware to the latest MXQ firmware. I have a usb cable to connect to my pc. I have a usb disk drive if needed. I am at a loss. Can someone give me some more options? I can get my box to work on a 25 foot cat 5 cable stretched across my living room and hallway floor but is an inconvenience. I would my box to work as it is supposed to. I worked correctly for about a week then the wireless connection turned off.

Advertisement
  2. Koopakid

Koopakid Member

If you've only had the box a week you should return it to the retailer for another one. MXQ has be known for it's issues. you can also disable upnp in your router to see if this helps.

3. double0

i've had it about a month now. I loaded it with Kodi jarvis 16.1 then loaded blue box on it ..... didn't like it so loaded titanium. it worked fine for about a week. Three days with Titanium... then one day the wireless was turned off. I did not turn it off did it on its own. Did a factory reset. Still would not work. It was suggested i do a firmware update so i ordered a usb to usb pc cable. Waited for it to arrive got thru the holiday and now is the first time i have made time to make it work. I have Kodi installed on pc's in the house but would like the convenience of the box working on the tv. So long story short...it's too late to return for refund. It was an inexpensive purchase.... i will not purchase a MXQ box again I guess.
    So if i disable upnp in my router will my MXQ box wifi turn on in settings?

4. Andrew Cole

Andrew Cole Well-Known Member

Try it and see.

Or... you could buy a box and not fiddle around with it!

Almost every problem with these cheap Chinese boxes (including my own self-inflicted problems) stem from trying to fiddle around with it, update or upgrade it, or otherwise try to make it do something that it's not designed to do...

Here's how to use a cheap Chinese Android TV box...

1 - Take it out of the box
    2 - Plug it in
    3 - Watch telly with it

svim and mikedt like this.
  5. double0

My MXQ box came with Kodi 17. it was unstable and did not work. so basically a paperweight. I made it usable. it worked fine for about a week then the WIFI turned off on its own and will not switch back on in settings. The box works fine with a network cable stretched across the hallway and living room (an inconvenience). I did not want to update the firmware. It would not work as shipped to a factory reset.
    disabling upnp on modem did not fix wifi on box. seems to work with the network cable so will just use it wired. till i can purchase a new box..... hopefully one with a little better quality and support.
    thanks for the input.

6. Andrew Cole

Andrew Cole Well-Known Member

This happened to me too. My WiFi just would not switch back on but the LAN (cable) connection worked just fine.

Fortunately, a reset to factory settings (which I did NOT want to do!) DID work for me... but as you have tried this, I don't know what to suggest other than trying a USB WiFi dongle.

My NetGear dongle (the old ones - the size of a finger) work just fine!

Also - DLink make products that can 'move' the WiFi around your house, wirelessly. You can then plug the extended WiFi into your Android TV box with a short (supplied) LAN cable.

7. Victor O

Victor O New Member

Just want to give back to the people that helped me out. I figured out how to get the WiFi working. I am thinking something doesn't get saved between boots. I suspect SELinux but don't know. ANYWAYS to get it working:...
    go to your android terminal
    go root and type:

svc wifi disable
    svc wifi enable

yup just manually disable it and enable it and it should work again. It should automatically connect to your last WiFi SSID. Its rather easy to make a widget or script and make a shortcut on the launcher to make it as simple as a click. Cheers :)

Andrew Cole likes this.