• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my 1st android phone

mamyel

Feb 4, 2011
Heya everyone. Just wanted to say hi and glad that there is a good community for newbie Android users like me. Just got my HTC dhd last week and loving it.

Still reading up on what I can really do with this device.

I'm feeling really good that I got the android dhd vs win7 or iPhone4

Hello Everyone! I'm feeling totally lost w/ some aspects of my new Droid 2 Global. I stepped up from a BB Curve 8330, as it kept breaking down and I kept having to trade it for a new one.

Anyway, #1) How do I set ringtones I've downloaded (and are inalready in Ringtone file) to be individual ringtones. I want to change my default ringtone and assign certain songs to certain people.

I am feeling technologically stuck on stupid. :thinking: Does anyone have some answers to my boggle? :thinking:

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Android Forums!

Hello Everyone! I'm feeling totally lost w/ some aspects of my new Droid 2 Global. I stepped up from a BB Curve 8330, as it kept breaking down and I kept having to trade it for a new one.

Anyway, #1) How do I set ringtones I've downloaded (and are inalready in Ringtone file) to be individual ringtones. I want to change my default ringtone and assign certain songs to certain people.

I am feeling technologically stuck on stupid. :thinking: Does anyone have some answers to my boggle? :thinking:

Thanks!

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Go into your contact list, edit the contact you want to modify. If you scroll down to the bottom of the contact (into the fields at the end which aren't, by default, displayed), you'll see a ringtone field. Set this field to the ringtone you want to play for the specific contact and save.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones