• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My 2x4 People widget isn't the 'cool' one?

Hi all, I'm new. I just got my Hero at the weekend and it's my first Android phone, I'm still getting it set up to my liking.

This is confusing me though: My 2x4 People widget doesn't look like this, instead I just get the person's portrait, name below it and a tiny contact method icon in the bottom-right of their portrait (I would like to show you an example but I can't even find an image of it online - is it only my phone?!?).

When selecting which widget style to use, the 2x4 option shows the portrait on the left, contact method icon on the right (as in the image I linked to above) but when I add it to my home screen it doesn't look like that.

Any advice? I'm on 3 in the UK, phone ROM is up-to-date.

So, if that's the new one... (although I don't know how new it is - I've said this before but my sisters G2 bought before (way back in September or October) my Hero has the 'new' one, I have the 'old one) does it mean when we (eventually) upgrade to 2.x with Sense fully integrated we'll all be stuck with the new, less useful one?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones