My 8Gb Transcend class 6 is slowing down the phone

Last Updated:

1. chris4chelsea

chris4chelsea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have recently bought a Transcend 8GB class6 but I have noticed that the phone generally behaved slower as compare to the time when i was using the stock SD. One possible reason maybe i have been installing more apps than previously... can some expert tell me how i can check my phone mem availability? from what i understand, the more apps i installed the less mem will be ava for running apps so in turn slowing the phone.

BUT one very noticeable lag i found is the music app! when the music app changes title during normal playback, most of the time for sure each song will lag (jitter) during the first 5secs. there r no problem with the mp3s coz i have been listening to them on itunes and other portable players!!

can anyone give me any suggestion / advise. i love the phone, but this issue is currently bugging me!

and will the performance improve if i root the phone? and can anyone suggest if there is another music player that i can use to test instead of the default one?

tks in advance

Advertisement
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Install and use Taskiller (or similar) from the market and use this if you are not already to close apps you are not using.

3. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

Where did you get your SD card from? it could be fake or faulty. Try another one or go back to the original to confirm that this really is the problem

4. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Mine works fine no slow down.

5. killtheaquitted

killtheaquitted Well-Known Member

please don't say that, I ordered that card from newegg and should be getting it today!

6. rdelfin

rdelfin Well-Known Member

I also got mine from NewEgg (16GB), class 6, same brand and has worked seamlessly, so no worries.

7. chris4chelsea

I m currently using MixZing for music playing instead of using default player. it has improved the situation very much... no more music lag or at least alot better than the default player...

8. bourdagespl

bourdagespl Member

TY!! I was looking for an application exactly like MixZing!

Really nice!

9. chris4chelsea

bourdagespl... dont forget to use the widget that comes with it... the song details and thumbnails get updated instantly unlike the default one which has a super long delay!!

10. android604

android604 Active Member

one of the first things i tried today when i picked up my hero, was tried to install my 8gb mini sd card from my old bb storm, the hero couldnt reconize it or something? is this because it may not be a "class 6" sd card? how do you tell?:confused:

11. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

It's probably because you didn't unmount the first card that was in it. Sometimes it wont recognize the card automatically, and you will have to go into the settings and mount it manually.

Any microSD card should work in the Hero, regardless of its class, whether it be class 2, 4, or 6 (or even the fake class 10 which I'm sure will reach microSD formfactor before long).

12. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

I bought an 8gig a while back which made the phone hang after a week or so.

It won't even re-format now.

Almost got the phone swapped when it happened - only took the card out on a whim, then phone woke up again.

Wouldn't have known otherwise.

13. android604

android604 Active Member

yea i dunno, how would you manually mount? its coming up on the notifications bar saying "the sd card is blank or using unsupported.."

14. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Menu-Settings-SD card & storage

15. android604

android604 Active Member

yea there is only the "unmount" for safe removal of the sd card..:p

16. Slug

So did you try unmounting and then remounting it? If that doesn't work then you'll probably have to reformat it via the Hero.

17. android604

android604 Active Member

yea i know it sounds simple, all i did was "unmount" the stock sd 2gb card, removed it, replaced it with an identicle mini sd card but 8gb, it tried to read it but there is an issue, so yea there is no function that says "mount" sd of any kind, i also tried formating the sd card via hero...no luck

18. franners

franners Well-Known Member

I bought a 8Gb Transcend class 6 for a ten spot on Ebay and the same happened. Send it back and bought a more expensive one from a mainstream supplier and fine now.

19. Slug

If you have access to a card reader you could try formating it (FAT32) via PC. I've never used a BB so I don't know if it prepares cards in some unique way or not.