• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My android browser zooms over a link with a small red box

montboyd

Lurker
Mar 23, 2012
I have noticed that occasionally when I tap a link on a certain website I get this sudden zoom feature in a small red lined box that surrounds only the immediate links around it. The magnification is about 2x. The box will not pan. I am able to tap the link to proceed normally.

Other times nothing happens, Triple taps does as expected, zoom the entire webpage.

I first noticed this on my Android phone running 4.2.2

It also has been happening with my new Kindle Fire tablet. (the $49.99 dollar one)

I have searched for hours trying to discover why this is happening. I am beginning to think this behavior is some sort of easter egg within the website.

As far as I can remember it only happens on one website

The website is RealClearPolitics.

Not knowing what is happening to do this at will is frustrating. Not that I really need the feature, I just would like to know.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Monte

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones