• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My android is not cooperating with my computer

Im gonna bump this cause i have the same issue and its quite annoying. The phone's wifi connection overtakes the wifi connection on my pc and i cant have them both on the network at the same time. Other mobiles that i have connect to wifi and dont interfere with the pc connection. I tried messing with setting up a static ip on my phone but it didnt help.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
How about another bump here. I've the same problem here and maybe with a little more information that might be of help. I've an older Linksys router that might be 6 or more years old. Wondering if the older routers might be the issue here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Check your DHCP settings on your wireless router...it's possible you have an IP conflict.

because I use torrents I've had to set-up my PC and anything attaching to it with fixed IP addresses to avoid conflicts.

The Router DHCP clashed with IP leases when my android came along.

I use wi-fi Static app on my android to set up a fixed IP address.

Solved my conflict of IP addies on my NB9wMaxx Wireless Modem/Router

Not sure if this is what your problem is for sure but fixed IP addies might help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones