My android wont download market apps

1. mnb123

mnb123 New Member

Please help!

my android wont let me download apps from the market app. I read on a forum to go to settings-->applicaitons -->manage applications--> click on market app-->then click Force Stop. I did this but now i cant open the market at all!!!! i click on market it opens a white screen and closes very quickly.

Please help me to fix this issue and to be able to download apps as i need an antivirus app.

THANK YOU!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Try these steps.

first
    goto Settings | Apps | All | Google Play Store and clear data and cache.

If it still doesn't work then, try this one

Settings | Apps | All | Google Services Framework and clear data and cache
    Reboot your device (it will prompt you about location services when it starts up).
    It should work then.

Last week was the first time I had to do the second way.
  3. mnb123

mnb123 New Member

i couldnt do the first you said because there is no app on the phone called that.

I did the second thing you suggested but it didnt ask for me to do anything or ask for any location when i turned it back on. Still having the same issue
  4. Unforgiven

click on the market app and clear data and cache, the one you did the force stop on in the OP.
  5. mnb123

mnb123 New Member

thanks for the reply again. Yup, i clicked on the market app which is the one that i did the force stop, i clicked clear data, but cannot click clear cache because the button is grey preventing me from clicking on it. What do you suggest?
  6. Unforgiven

I think clear data does both so you should be all set
  7. mnb123

mnb123 New Member

ok, thanks... but its still doing the same thing...hmmmm
  8. Unforgiven

Hang on, I'll get you a link to the most recent Play app, well see if that help. I'm on my N7 so it may take a bit.
  9. Unforgiven