1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

My apologies....Facebook App on Droid Eris?

Last Updated:

1. nkwebb140

nkwebb140 Member This Topic's Starter

I cringe to even as this......I have the Facebook app from the Android App Store. Is there no way to view or compose Facebook 'emails'?

I feel like this app isn't as good as the BB Tour Facebook app but not complaining.

Just didn't know what obvious thing I am overlooking. Just trying to view/compose Facebook 'emails'.

Thanks!!!

Advertisement
  2. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's one of the features Android Facebook has been missing for a long time. You can't chat, send messages, or view anything else. :(

3. nkwebb140

nkwebb140 Member This Topic's Starter

Wow that stinks. Well at least I wasn't overlooking something easy!

Now to concur Open Home wallpaper substitutes.......

Thanks for the information. Enjoy your Droid.

4. RocknSteve

RocknSteve Well-Known Member

Yeah the application for Facebook is lacking in many ways. If you look it up, you'll see that there's a kind of grudge before Facebook and Google. Facebook didn't even develop the app for Android phones, they just lent a few developers to Google to help make it. It's not a full-pledge Facebook made app.

I find the touch website for Facebook (http://www.touch.facebook.com) to be much better than the app. And as for chat, there is actually a way to chat on your phone with no additional apps. Just go to *http://facebook.com/presence/popout.php* (the *'s are just there because without them, it automatically changed the link to "Login | Facebook" so just ignore the *'s) in your browser and boom, you have chat. Still not as convenient as having a legit app for Facebook but it definitely gets the job done if you want to chat!

Hope that helps!