My Atrix is nekkid - who's with me?

1. Bracchus

Bracchus Member

Is there anyone using their Atrix without a case? As we all know, the Atrix is verly "slippery" and there is always a concern of it sipping out of your hand. However, for me to use my phone with all of my docks, it is so much easier to just not have a case at all.

Here's a list of all of the cases I've tried and the problems I've had with docking...

Incipio Feather - by far my favorite case and I was able to modify it to fit all of my docks. However - very fragile as I've had 2 that have broken at the volume button

Trident Aegis - poor fit and finish and the hinges are ugly.

Rubberized battery cover - cheap with poor fit and finish

Several pouches and sleeves - not really what I'm looking for and kind of beside the point since I still have a slippery phone.

Anyway - I'm resigned to use my phone as is and just be really careful with it.

One other note - I've noticed that the phone feels less slippery over time. Is this because I've become used to it or is the slippery gloss finish eroding??

So - who else's phone is "nekkid"?

Bracchus

Advertisement
    :
  2. billy1981

billy1981 Member

I use otterbox on mine for work just because of dirt,grime,grease,dropping or what ever i encounter. But when the weekend comes my phone is a full blown nudist. I prefer no case even though i dont own any docks.
  3. Rhouse

Rhouse Well-Known Member

I use a zagg skin, not slippery also serves as a screensaver.
  4. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

I use one of those silicone case things for about 3 quid from play.com. It's good because it provides the necessary protection against scratches, it also elevates the lens off the table when it's layed on it's back so that doesn't get scratched.

One major disadvantage is putting it in and out of my jeans pocket. Without the case it just slips in and out, but with the case it pulls all sorts out of my pocket along with it, and when I put it back in it never wants to go back in.

My preference is no case, but can't quite bring myself to use it day to day without one.
  5. John I

John I Well-Known Member

I have a body glove case, but rarely use it. Just a screen protector.

John
  6. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I use an Outterbox Commuter Case and Zagg Invisible Shield for my screen. I have the Lapdock and Standard dock. With the standard dock, I only have to remove the top dock plate and plastic cover from the Outterbox case. For the Lapdock I do have to remove the entire case. No problem though, since this gives me the opportunity to clean/sterilize my phone. Since I use my phone for pretty much everything, I can't afford for it to get damaged. (Just a little insurance)
  7. papabri

papabri Active Member

Didn't use a case on my Atrix. I love the size without one. Sadly my screen digitizer is starting to go. It's at the point that I'm getting it replaced this week at a local repair shop. Whether it broke because of not having a case, or because lots of people on the net are complaining about defective digitizers, I'm not sure but I guess for another $20 I won't take anymore chances.
  8. ROCer

ROCer Well-Known Member

At first I used a case. With the docks it got to be annoying after a while putting it on and taking it off. Been 'nekkid' for a few months now. Stretches and marks on the back but I'm not worried about because it's replaceable.
  9. chowmailap

chowmailap Well-Known Member

Got my atrix the day it came out. Have had an otterbox defender on it since then. The last two days, no case. Its great.
  10. charlyee

charlyee Well-Known Member

No case on mine. I went through two Incipio feather and then decided to go without.
  11. ndonnine

ndonnine Member

I never wear a case on mine.. I hate cases and I prefer to have the smallest phoen possible... Damn phone doens't have scartches and i run keys with it in myp ocket. I did scratch the back when I was running and dropped it on the side walk, but that's minor.. Whoc ares about the battery cover anyway?!
  12. Bracchus

Bracchus Member

Well I just wanted to give an update. My phone is no longer completely nekkid! I just put on the Skinomi TechSkin application. This is a wet, "screen protector" type material that fits both the back and the front of the Atrix. Super sweet. Here are the pros and cons:
    pro - great tactile fill, not slippery not sticky
    pro - you can't tell it's on the phone at all. Very stealth!
    pro - does not attract lint, does not get stuck in my pocket
    pro - fits all of my docks (and I have all three)
    pro - does not peel, does not fray. Very secure
    con - you have to wait at least 12 hours before using your phone (excrutiating for me)
    con - a little pricey @ $20 bucks (ultimately it's worth it)
    con - offers scratch protection but does not protect against drops

In conclusion - this is the best "case" idea for the Atrix that I've come accross and I've tried a lot of them. Get the Skinomi TechSkin for the Atrix. You won't be sorry!!!

Bracchus
  13. Cankle J

Cankle J Member

When Im not at work my Atrix goes commando, when Im at work its tucked safely inside an otter.
  14. Goethe

Goethe Member

I never liked to use cases with my phones, however some models are a must, which isn't the case with Atrix, I probally should, because I dropped it numerous times from my desk or the arm of the bed, but it doesn't have a crack in it, I hate the extra thickness some of the cases give, not to mention I plugged ocasionally on my Dock and frequently in my Vehicle Dock, It could be a pain.

However I'm considering buying one of those case wallets, my concern is having the obvious factor of having a wallet outside of you pocket everytime you pick your cellphone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]