My battery is pumpin....General

Last Updated:

1. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So....

Got my first Eris on 11/6. Had the standard issues with battery life, and issues with lag, Sense UI shutting down on it's own, and crashing.

Got my second Eris on 12/9. Got the update Monday morning, 12/14. Since then, I have had a couple of strange issues, including when my chomps SMS decided to prevent my phone from receiving SMS's. Even when it was loaded, it would prevent the stock MMS app from getting messages.

Also, I seem to still have issues with signal.....

Got all of those minor niggles resolved, and I now have to say that my battery is performing as expected. I had some HEAVY use on Wednesday (4 - 5 hours of up time) and my phone was at 15% at 9pm - 14 hours after coming off the charger.

Thursday and Friday had moderate use, including a couple of hours of Bluetooth on Thursday, and an hour of it on Friday. Both nights I'm still at 30% as of 8 PM.

I have to say that I am pretty happy with the battery now. :D

Advertisement
  2. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member

are you using the native sms messaging app or Handcent?

3. Bxrider11

Bxrider11 Well-Known Member

My battery life is definately longer than prior to the update. I do not use bluetooth much, but I play music from my SD card or stream Pandora every time I am in the car. Coupled with phone and internet usage and twitter updates, my battery will last from 6am-9pm with 10-15% charge left. Prior to the update, with the same usage, I would have to charge by 2-3pm.

4. Needsdecaf

Was chomps, now handcent. I like the bubble style better.

5. WitchyKitty

WitchyKitty Member

I'm extremely happy with my battery. Took it off the charger this morning at 7am. Now at 8:22pm I'm still at 60%. I've used the internet to search while shopping, made multiple calls and was texting like a crazy woman. (I use native text message.) I really love this phone!

6. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed too much more battery life after the update... perhaps I should have waited for the OTA update instead of manually doing it.

7. DigiPimp

DigiPimp Active Member

my battery life still seems to vary and im not really sure why. tonight i had the phone charged up to 100% and left to go into town. i rebooted the phone at 100% so the uptime and use time would be new. after 3 hours 10 minutes uptime the battery is at 55% and the use is 1 hour and 26 minutes. thats horrible!

8. colornshape

colornshape Well-Known Member

I charged it overnight, got a call this morning, unplugged it, turned the speaker phone on, and talked for 52 minutes. Battery is at 75 percent. Seems like a pretty quick drain.

I'm an idiot. I had the mobile network and gps on. Still...

9. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I working from memory here (an very faulty memory at that), but it seems to me the Eris only claims 3-4 hours of talk time. If that's the case then using 25% of the battery on a 52 minute call is exactly what should be expected.

10. colornshape

I've already made up my mind. Don't try to confuse me with facts. :)

11. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

I forgot to pay my cell phone bill this month so my service was limited for a few days, the battery lasted that whole time without needing a recharge lol. Mobile network must be the main drainer of it.

12. Needsdecaf

Should have mentioned my settings:

Mobile network is set to always on.

Wifi usually running. If it's not, BT is.

5 minute refresh on the mail.

Backlight to auto.

GPS location on to "find me" but not full GPS.

In other words, I'm not really limiting my phone to conserve battery.

13. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Wow - are you my mother??? :)

14. colornshape

Ha! No, that was an impression of my former wife, who is positively verdent with envy because my phone is better than her ipod touch and en-v combined... well, ya know, because it's a single device... okay, the touch has more storage, but not once I get that 32 gig sd card... pink scrubs...

Matt