My battery lasted 4 hours...way too long!

Last Updated: 2010-10-22 08:28:46
  1. jazzneel

jazzneel Well-Known Member

I had bluetooth, 4G, wifi, screen on the brightest, 20 apps running at once, screen timeout at 30 min, and sprint tv playing, and it took me 4 hrs to drain my battery....is there a faster way? I was hoping I could drain it in like 2 hrs lol. I'm trying to condition my battery!

Advertisement
  2. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

LMAO! I'm pretty sure this is the first thread I've seen where the OP was concerned about the battery lasting too long instead of not long enough! :D
  3. BigD562

BigD562 Well-Known Member

White Screen?
    Eazail70x7 likes this.
  4. JettMartinez

JettMartinez Member

I'm not real familiar with battery chemistry. Does the epic's battery need any special treatment other than a full charge when I first get it? (2 days!)
  5. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

Not really. Smart batteries (lithium ion) don't need to be fully drained in order to condition them. In fact, I've read a few comments online that have said that draining your battery completely too often can actually shorten the life of the battery. Before its first charge, I'd recommend draining it completely (or close to it) first. After that, just charge it as normal (as it gets low or when it's convenient for you). It will take a few days to a week for it to condition itself and start giving you better life. In a couple week's time, it should be completely conditioned and you should see much better life out of it.
    JettMartinez likes this.
  6. Stringyquark

Stringyquark Well-Known Member

I also find I get a bit better life when I use my computer in mass storage mode instead of my wall charger. Haven't done any real testing but believe the lower amps is more like a trickle charge. Takes longer to charge but I'm sleeping so I don't mind.
  7. futureprospect

futureprospect Active Member

Turn on the Flash, using the Flashlight app. Better yet, keep the camera recording too.
  8. Bomix

Bomix Well-Known Member

Battery life.. ugh... i'd rather be playing half life
  9. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

You forgot to turn on GPS, too.
    Eazail70x7 likes this.
  10. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I agree, gps navigate, angry birds, run music, don't toggle airplane mode (so that time without sevice kills battery). I can kill my battery in under 2hrs if I wanted...
  11. rastoma

rastoma Member

lithium ions do not have to be conditioned.

that's left over thinking from ni-cad batteries.