Support My Battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SysAdmNj, Jul 16, 2010.

1. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    North NJ
    cant be considered good. Its down to 20% and hasnt even been 5 hours yet. What am I doing wrong besides using it alot?

Advertisement

2. NNN

NNN Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    That is absolutely awful. What have you been doing on it?

3. SysAdmNj

Jun 3, 2010
    North NJ
    Well I keep meebo running and messaging on that, only got 3 email accounts up, and using gv to text, made a call which lasted maybe 20 minutes, I was browsing a few websites, downloading apps.

I did take off my task killer, and I think that might have made things worse lol.

4. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday
    VIP Member

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    Eeek! Meebo, like Ebuddy, is a battery whore. :p That app will make any phone it's b!tch. lol

5. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    CCTV operator
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX by way of Long Island, NY
    Settings>About phone>Battery use - Should be a good indication of what is draining your battery.

Disclaimer: This is how it is on the Droid, not sure if the set-up is the same on the X or if Motorola tweaked it, but there should be a battery use thingamajig in there somewhere.

6. SysAdmNj

Jun 3, 2010
    North NJ
    Wow, I'd feel lonely without my messenger running 24/7 lol. I'm going to have to try and keep it off for a day though, bye world.

Yes, for me its About Phone > Battery Manager > Battery Use
    and it mentions the biggest battery hog is the screen at 75% but seems to general. I did what it suggested and lowered the screen brightness and timeout.

7. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    aim also fits into that group.

op: put the phone in battery saver mode. Realize that lwp are battery killers, reduce your brightness a tad. I dont use meebo though but I use the browser for google voice and I lasted 8 hours yesterday on that setting.

8. SysAdmNj

Jun 3, 2010
    North NJ
    Battery at 10% now and I've had the phone off the charger since 7:15 AM EST. I'm going to try keeping meebo off, I adjusted the screen settings, anything else I can try on my next full charge.

Thats another thing. I'll now hook it up to my pc and by the time I leave work, it will probably be at 60% then I'll hook it up to my car charger and by the time I get home it may or may not reach full charge so I would plug it in to the charger at home to get it to full charge. All this plugging in and out, is this also harming the battery? I would think no.

9. SysAdmNj

Jun 3, 2010
    North NJ
    Sorry just had a brain freeze but what is lwp?

10. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    CCTV operator
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX by way of Long Island, NY
    live wallpapers

11. mhrebin

mhrebin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Don't the batteries need a few charge cycles to reach optimal performance?

12. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Can you tell me what apps you are using? One thing to remember is that it starts to dischage after it reaches 100% even if it is still plugged in and the battery indicator says 100%.

13. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

If I were you I would run your battery all the way down to nothing. I did that yesterday so hopefully my battery will be good today.

14. Helicrewchief

Helicrewchief Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Blackhawk Crewchief
    North Carolina

YES! it takes about 10-12 cycles to have the battery running its full capacity. You should not worry about your battery until a week or so and then see what it is doing. It's also a brand spanking new toy. We are all like little kids on xmas day with a new toy wanting to play with it every single second. Thats me anyways I havent been able to put the thing down.

15. SysAdmNj

Jun 3, 2010
    North NJ
    Ah of course, I wont even dare use that lol. I did on my HTC Aria, and the battery life was better on that lil monster.

Thats what I understand, been about 2 for me so far and this is where Im at.

I basically listed them in my 1st post.

Thats what I just did, just plugged it in. Well at least while its charging, this is when I can really play with the device and not worry about battery life and such. Time to push some apps :D

16. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    #1 battery killer = Network signal.

Check your signal strength (not the number of bars). If you're in a low signal or congested area your phone will chew battery hunting and locking on a signal.

17. Helicrewchief

Helicrewchief Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Blackhawk Crewchief
    North Carolina